Author Topic: Help with yamaha expansion manager - lsb change  (Read 1516 times)

Help with yamaha expansion manager - lsb change
« on: October 07, 2020, 02:46:13 AM »
Hey

i just got a few styles that use custom drum kits and voices and i have those as well
the seller is international and is not available right now

but he told me in order for the styles to sound correctly and know witch sounds to choose you need to change the lsb bank settings....
so i found ho to do it on yem but i dont know how to base whitch numbers mean what
and witch numbers will help match us the voices to the styles.........

so please help asap

thanks
Modify message

Offline Joe H

Re: Help with yamaha expansion manager - lsb change
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 04:15:34 PM »
You can change the LSB in styles using MixMaster.  Go to the Multi Processing Menu (choose batch process) and you will see Change LSB for Normal Voices and Drum kits.  You must know the current LSB used in the styles and what the LSB is in your expansion pack.

This is useful if you already have used the pack Voices for other styles.  If you change the LSB in the pack and re-install, then you may have the same problem with other styles not playing correctly.

Another approach is to add those styles to the expansion pack and re-install the pack. You can do this by using Import Content (the styles) and adding them to the pack.  That way the styles will have the correct LSB.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Misu

Re: Help with yamaha expansion manager - lsb change
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 07:54:34 AM »
Make a backup of your packs on YEM with export pack and note LSB for each (maybe you will need)
Delete all packs from YEM except the specific one with voices for your styles.
Choose a specific voice from the pack (a drum for example) and export like PPF
Create new packs (different name: D000; D001;D002) in first let say 10-15 LSB positions with this drum inside of each.
Install all existing packs and go in style to see from which pack take that drum the style to work.
You will see for example D007(if still don't work this means that the position is where you don't create a pack).
In this case you can delete all new created packs and change the voices pack to LSB 007.
If the pack is CPF instead of new packs you can add on YEM many times entire voices pack for many LSB position and the same ... after.
This was my first solution when I forgot the LSB and I needed.
Regards!
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10