Author Topic: Can I use a sub with external speakers? SX 900  (Read 2315 times)

Offline orangeman

Can I use a sub with external speakers? SX 900
« on: October 05, 2020, 05:59:21 AM »
I just received my SX900 and am weighing my audio options for the home. The speakers sound good, but not as good as my old PSR-9000.

I was wondering if the sub (KSSW100)is only meant to be used with internal speakers or if the menu options allow for external speakers and whether I would have the right crossover point if I went that route.

Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2020, 06:38:36 AM by orangeman »

blackpool

Re: Can I use a sub with external speakers? SX 900
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2020, 09:43:30 AM »
Hi Orangeman - I use Logitech speakers with my SX ( the Z series are good which have a sub woofer )

If you have a wade through the dedicated posts in this section of the forum for speakers, you will glean a lot of info. i am sure...

See - https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php?board=56.0

Regards - Keith

The following users thanked this post: orangeman

Offline Totomo

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 01:01:02 PM »
I would recommend Edifier S1000 mk ll or S2000 mk lll.
Great sound , good quality and low price.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline orangeman

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 04:07:32 AM »
Hi Totomo,

Thanks for your excellent suggestion. I went to my local store and got the S2000 Pro for $220 USD on an open box. They sound really great. I can hear sounds that I can’t discern with the built-in speakers. It really has a well rounded, beautiful sound. I’m so happy with these speakers.

I have 2 questions:
1) What are those stands? They are the perfect size and height.
2) I can only get them to work with the headphone jack. Are you finding the same? I tried using phone jack to RCA adapters and then red and white into each speaker connector. I thought I set the line out in the menu but I haven’t gotten it to work.

Thanks again, this is a fabulous find.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 04:20:53 AM by orangeman »

Offline Totomo

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 12:59:24 PM »
Hi Totomo,

Thanks for your excellent suggestion. I went to my local store and got the S2000 Pro for $220 USD on an open box. They sound really great. I can hear sounds that I can’t discern with the built-in speakers. It really has a well rounded, beautiful sound. I’m so happy with these speakers.

I have 2 questions:
1) What are those stands? They are the perfect size and height.
2) I can only get them to work with the headphone jack. Are you finding the same? I tried using phone jack to RCA adapters and then red and white into each speaker connector. I thought I set the line out in the menu but I haven’t gotten it to work.

Thanks again, this is a fabulous find.

Usd220 are absolutely a great deal.

I use PA stand with height modified (cut the center cone ) to allow both speaker place 80cm from the floor.  My bench is 18in height and my speaker dome tweeter has same level to my ear after the speaker stand modified.

I use main output to Edifier speaker with jack/RCA cable and turn off the internal speaker on utility page. Never experience with headphone out to speaker yet.