Author Topic: more info on e373 please  (Read 2626 times)

ekurburski

more info on e373 please
« on: September 29, 2020, 12:57:46 AM »
I've been reviewing the manual for the new e 373 & checking out the videos.  I must say it appears this is quite the kb for only $199.  The only thing that concerns me is the lack of info on the styles.  //////info says it uses sf1 files which has 8 different tracks.  Can you control volumne and or balance of those tracks?  Can I cancel the playing of certain tracks naking the stlyes less complex?

Offline SciNote

Re: more info on e373 please
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 06:11:56 AM »
I haven't researched this too closely, but I'd have to guess a "no" on all of the above.  Even the PSR-E463 cannot control the volume and balance of the style tracks, though it can mute/turn off individual tracks (or at least groups of tracks, as there 6 buttons for switching style parts on and off, so if there are 8 MIDI channels for the styles, then some channels must be doubled up on the buttons).  But as I look at the front panel of the E373, I do not see the track on/off buttons that are on the later E400 series keyboards.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 06:15:00 AM by SciNote »
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios

ekurburski

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 09:49:41 AM »
ha, it appears that the ability I desire , controlling style tracks, is only offered in a small way on the top model of the e series.  Being able to mute individual tracks would be satisfactory for the most part though.  Also I see that the e463 is also able to be powered by batteries.  Another important item for me as I'm looking for a practice keyboard when on the road.  How long does the kb go on battery power.?  Also I see that one can load like 10 additional styles.  Are there styles available like we have available for our more pro kb's?

Offline johan

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 02:25:55 PM »
Note that you can mute the individual tracks also on some older keyboards such as E433/E443/E453. In my experience, almost all SFF1 styles work on these keyboards as long as the size does not exceed 50KB. You might need come revoicing but quite often the keyboard does a good revoicing by itself (based on midi structure, I guess). You are also limited to the A/B sections but there is nice software to exchange the C/D parts with A/B (you can use the same software to reduce the size of the style file by omitting certain parts).
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463