Author Topic: Eager to learn  (Read 869 times)

Offline Gemor

Eager to learn
« on: December 04, 2023, 02:51:34 PM »
I have the PSR-9000 and have several questions about setting it up properly. The owners manual is confusing to me, I am 76. I tried to understand from the lessons pages on here :-\ I want to enter my name as owner. I type my first name,I can't put a space and my last name. It says to have your name saved go to system backup main page. Ummm  where is that? George

Offline mikf

Re: Eager to learn
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 07:10:46 PM »
Its a very old keyboard model, so not sure if anyone on the forum will be able to help. Are is a video on how to do it on a Tyros, maybe its similar.  https://youtu.be/2-eVNSh5t_I.
I think the space is the first press of the first button.
Mike

The following users thanked this post: Gemor

Offline Gemor

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 09:38:35 PM »
Thank you for the reply Mike. I guess this is no biggie. George

Online overover

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2023, 12:42:03 AM »
I have the PSR-9000 and have several questions about setting it up properly. The owners manual is confusing to me, I am 76. I tried to understand from the lessons pages on here :-\ I want to enter my name as owner. I type my first name,I can't put a space and my last name. It says to have your name saved go to system backup main page. Ummm  where is that? George

Hi George,

Regarding "Owner Name":
You should be able to select the Space character at the bottom right of the character list on the Name Entry page (next to the bracket characters). If this doesn't work, you could try moving the cursor one step to the right using one of the "4" buttons. Don't forget to press "END" (= one of the "8" buttons) at the end of entering the name.

Regarding "System Backup":
On newer models, user entries or parameter changes in displays in which there is no explicit Save option are automatically saved in the so-called System Setup when a settings display is closed with the EXIT button.

With the PSR-9000 this has to be done manually in many cases. Here it is called "saving the System Backup", i.e. saving the current System settings into the internal Flash memory (also called "Flash ROM"). To carry out this function, go back to the Main display by pressing the EXIT button (multiple times if necessary). Here press the LCD button "A" (top left, next to the quarter note icon) and follow the on-screen instructions. See also page 50 in the PSR-9000 (version 2) Owner's Manual.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 12:46:38 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Gemor

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2023, 05:12:34 AM »
 :) Chris I think you should offer your services to Yamaha! If I could understand your post anyone can. Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks! Thank you, George

Online overover

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2023, 05:28:42 AM »
My pleasure, George! Thank you for your kind words.  :)

All the best,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Gemor

Offline mikf

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2023, 01:45:26 PM »
I don’t think even Chris would remember off the top of his head exactly how to make minor changes to a fairly little used function, on a very old keyboard like the 9000. Which means he is likely locating the manual, finding the function, reminding himself how it works, then laying out step by step in a post. A lot of work….I hope everyone appreciates that !!!! Thank you Chris  ;D :D
Mike

The following users thanked this post: wersianer