Author Topic: PSR EW410  (Read 2536 times)

Louie

PSR EW410
« on: September 26, 2020, 10:29:03 PM »
Brother just bought the PSR EW410.  Had a PSR 740 for two decades and finally gave out.  He has a bunch of song files he created on the 740 and wants to know if he can use them on the 410......  however......  the 410 has a thumb drive not a floppy drive.  So...... 1) can he just down load songs to thumb drive, plug in to new keyboard and play them....or 2)  can he convert them into mp3 files and will the keyboard play them that way.   Just wondering.   I've since retired and no longer perform, but still have my PSR 2000 that I play with now and them.  Miss the music business a lot.  Thanks for your help.   Stay safe and healthy.     
Lou.....(Virginia Beach, Va)

Offline SciNote

Re: PSR EW410
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 03:09:43 AM »
This might be a pretty tall order, though I'm sure that Michael (SeaGtGruff) can provide much more insight.  I was hoping that maybe converting the songs from the PSR-740 to an SMF MIDI file would help (if that is even possible), but I checked the manual for the PSR-EW410, and while it is possible to take the user songs on the 410 and convert them to SMF files for playback on other instruments, I didn't see a way to load SMF files into the user song memory of the 410 from a flash drive.

It looks like the 410 can play SMF files from a flash drive, and possibly even download them from a computer for playback on the 410, but it does not look like songs can be transferred into the 410's storage space directly from a flash drive.  Also, it does not look like there is a way to edit them once they are on the 410.  But then again, even the multi-track user songs recorded on the 410 cannot be edited once they are recorded, other than erasing individual tracks, so maybe this is not an issue.  If you just want to simply play songs from the 740 on the 410, then that may be possible.  But if you want to edit and revoice those songs (which may very well be necessary, as the sounds that come up when the file is played on the 410 may be different sounds than what was recorded on the 740), then you would likely need to do that on a computer.

So, going back to the beginning, it would appear that the songs from the 740 would need to first be converted to SMF files, then transferred to a computer, so that they could be transferred to the 410, which would require special software (again, Michael would probably know more of the specifics).  Judging from the 410's manual, it does not look like SMF files can be loaded into the 410 directly from a flash drive -- if possible at all, it looks like they would need to come from a computer.  However, it does look like SMF files can be played directly from the flash drive on the 410 without loading them into the 410's storage or memory space.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 03:24:39 AM by SciNote »
Bob
Current: Yamaha PSR-E433 (x2), Roland GAIA SH-01, Casio CDP-200R, Casio MT-68 (wired to bass pedals)
Past: Yamaha PSR-520, PSR-510, PSR-500, DX-7, D-80 home organ, and a few Casios