Author Topic: SX900 on top of CVP 309 Clavinova  (Read 1487 times)

SX900 on top of CVP 309 Clavinova
« on: September 24, 2020, 08:18:30 PM »
I'm very happy with my Clavinova (CVP309), continuing to create new styles and changing the all sounding of the styles to more advanced taste. In this respect, listening and playing Genos and Sx900 helped a lot to identify a new target for sounds.

In the mean time I love the new sounds of Genos and Sx900, and their new features, and thinking about buying one of the two,

The ideal would be to get Sx900, and put it on top of my Clavinova, controlling Sx900 via Midi (notes only), with the excellent wood keyboard of my Clavinova.
I'm sure that this would be a very good setup.

I tried to figure if that would be possible, and the answer so far (considering the dimensions of Sx 900) is that it could be done with Clavinova cover remaining opened.
But I can't figure if I could open and close the Clavinova cover while Sx900 stays on top.

Has anybody done that? Or, have you any idea to help me to figure this option?

Thank you

Angelo
Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

Offline mikf

Re: SX900 on top of CVP 309 Clavinova
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 09:28:36 PM »
It may not be comfortable to get to the arranger controls in that set up. Using the weighted 88 key device as a controller would be  nice, but it’s a cumbersome way to achieve that. I wouldn’t recommend it . A much better way is using a good quality digital piano on a dual stand. Especially if you I can angle the arranger on the top so the controls are easily seen and accessed. I used a set up
Like that for years and loved it. Another thing to consider is to trade your old CVP for a newer model like a used 705. The sounds are almost on a par with Genos, the piano voice is better, and the overall cost might be similar.
Mike

blackpool

Re: SX900 on top of CVP 309 Clavinova
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 01:03:02 PM »
Try a Korg XE20 ( nice piano with arranger features)  with an SX700/900  both are not expensive now. ie...compared to say a genos.
But I imagine you want to keep the Clavinova.

Keith