Author Topic: T5 76 Butter Strings VCE wanted please.  (Read 3822 times)

Offline Graham UK

T5 76 Butter Strings VCE wanted please.
« on: September 21, 2020, 09:55:18 PM »
I use the Legacy Alogro strings a lot which I like.
I want to try the Butter Strings but can't find on my T5.
Even searched GM & GM2 folders but no joy.

Can someone help with a VCE file please?.
DGX670

Offline overover

Re: T5 76 Butter Strings VCE wanted please.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 10:49:32 PM »
Hi Graham,

to call up the Voice "ButterStrings" on Tyros5 press the Panel Voice category button "PAD" and go to page 5 (P5) in that folder (see also the attached picture).

If you need a VoiceSet file  (.VCE) of this Voice, go to "Menu2" in the Voice Selection display, use the "COPY" option and "PASTE" the file on the desired drive/folder (User drive, HD or USB stick).

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 11:00:58 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 10:53:27 PM »
Hi Graham,

According to the T5 Data List, the 'ButterStrings' voice is in the 'Pad' category of the T5 panel voices.

I found it within seconds using 'Butter' as the search target within the search/find function (Ctrl+F) in the PDF version of the Data List.

I used Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, but any PDF reader worth its salt should have the same functionality!

Regards

Ian

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK

bmarcill

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 10:08:04 AM »

hello

here  voice  butter strings

link                  https://we.tl/t-nTStDfa2aj

ben

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK, wersianer, pmahl, ppkeyboard, balcino

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 03:45:27 PM »
Your reply are appreciated...thank you. 
DGX670

Offline pmahl

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 05:27:20 PM »
Hi Chris,
Are you sure? I only have the Tyros 5 - 61, but I can't find the butter strings on page 5 or on any other page.
I tried to save another pad file as VCE. Without success. In my case a pad remains a pad (without change).

Peter
Peterm

Offline Joe H

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 06:59:47 PM »
FYI... the .vce file is just a Voice setup file, there is no sound (WAV file) in the file.

So you can't edit the file to create a different Voice you can only tweak the Voice you are working with.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2020, 08:19:46 PM »
Hi Chris,
Are you sure? I only have the Tyros 5 - 61, but I can't find the butter strings on page 5 or on any other page.
I tried to save another pad file as VCE. Without success. In my case a pad remains a pad (without change).

Peter

Hi Peter,

could it be that you are talking about MULTI PADS here? A Multi Pad file (= a Multi Pad Bank) can of course NOT be saved as a Voice Set file.

But you can easily create a so-called "User Voice", i.e. a Voice Set file, for every "Voice" shown in the Voice Selection display (either by copying and pasting the relevant Preset Voice into the User drive, to the internal hard disk or a USB stick. Incidentally, a Voice Set file does NOT always have the file extension ".VCE", but the extension depends on the Voice type (see the list below).

With Copy & Paste (as just described) the relevant Preset Voice Set file is copied 1: 1, i.e. the Voice called up above sounds exactly like the Preset Voice in question.

Of course, you can also change a Voice as you wish (in the Mixing Console or in the "Voice Set"). To save this edited Voice as a User Voice (= Voice Set file), use the "Save" option in the VOICE SET. (Alternatively, you can of course simply save all changes to the Voices of Keyboard Parts in Registrations.)

By the way: Voice Set files ("User Voices") can only be used to call up Voices in Keyboard Parts (Right 1-3, Left). If you were to use a User Voice file to revise Style, Multi Pad or MIDI file parts, only the underlying PRESET-VOICE would be called, but the actual Voice Set data from the User Voice file would be ignored.

You can find the Preset Voice "ButterStrings", as mentioned, in the PANEL VOICE folder "PAD" on page 5. There are several ways to call this folder, e.g.:

- Press the Voice Category button "PAD" (between the "ACCORDION" and "SYNTH" buttons) and then go to page 5 (P5).
      or
- Open the Voice Selection Display by pressing one of the display buttons F, G, H or I (or the relevant PART SELECT buttons) (twice if necessary). Be sure you are in the PRESET tab! Press "UP" (= upper button "8") until you are in the top folder level. Now select the "PAD" folder and go to page 5 (P5).

Note: There is also a "PAD" folder inside the "LEGACY" Voice folder. There you will of course NOT find the Voice "ButterStrings" ... ;)

Here is the list of the different extensions of Voice Set files (= User Voice files):

.vce = Regular
   .liv = Live!
   .clv = Cool!
   .swv = Sweet!
   .nlv = S.Art!
   .sar = S.Art!
   .sa2 = S.Art2!
   .mgv = MegaVoice
   .org = Organ Flutes

.drm = Drums
   .ldr = Live!Drums
   .sfx = SFX kit
   .lsf = Live!SFX kit

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 08:28:49 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline Graham UK

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2020, 08:40:10 AM »
Chris. Good information...The name Butter Strings one initially looks in the strings voices.
As suggested I found it in the PAD voice section.
I find both the Allegros strings & Butter strings are sweeter to my ears.
DGX670

Offline Del B

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2020, 10:18:02 AM »
Indeed you will find butter strings in the Voice Pad section on the T5 I use these strings quite often especially with Piano

Offline pmahl

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2020, 12:22:55 PM »
Hi Chris,

Yes, you're right. It was my mistake, because I mistakenly assumed multipads. I misinterpreted the instructions "....if you need a VCE file..." while reading your first explanation. Of course you can use the "Pad-Voices" for R1-3. Once again I apologize and thank you for the explanations.

Peter
Peterm

Offline Joe H

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2020, 07:24:44 PM »
Chris,

I'm not sure what you are saying, but the Voice Set file is NOT loaded when applied to Multi Pad Voices.  But you can duplicate the sound by looking at the Voices Set file settings and insert controller message when editing a Multi Pad Voice in Multi Pad Creator.

Multi Pad Creator supports just about every MIDI continuous controller message.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline overover

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2020, 08:33:40 PM »
Chris,

I'm not sure what you are saying, but the Voice Set file is NOT loaded when applied to Multi Pad Voices.  But you can duplicate the sound by looking at the Voices Set file settings and insert controller message when editing a Multi Pad Voice in Multi Pad Creator.

Multi Pad Creator supports just about every MIDI continuous controller message.

Joe H

Hi Joe,

I never talked about Multi Pads or Multi Pad files here. I just said that the Voice "ButterStrings" is in the Panel Voice folder "Pad" (not in the "Strings folder). ;)

Best regards,
Chris

dpspiano@gmail.com

Re: T5 76 MfD playlist Kind regards Dpspiano@gail.com
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2020, 11:18:47 AM »

Offline overover

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2020, 12:38:01 PM »
Hi dpspiano,

there is obviously an error in your post:

You have posted two identical quotations from Graham, but there is no text/request from YOU...

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 12:39:20 PM by overover »