Author Topic: Help 970 froze when calling up a midi backing song with a registration  (Read 1915 times)

Steve

970 froze  when calling up a midi backing song with a registration. I turned it off and then back on and it seemed to be ok. This has happened a few times. Can anyone help with what the cause might be :(

Offline overover

Re: Help 970 froze when calling up a midi backing song with a registration
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 04:58:51 PM »
Hi Steve,

I recommend you to first save this Registration(s) to the same Reg button(s) again, but without having ticked the "Song" checkbox. Then save the Reg BANK using a different filename.

Now test the Reg(s) of this new Reg Bank (when no MIDI Song is called up by the Regs).

Test also to load the regarding MIDI file MANUALLY into the Song Player.

This way you should be able to determine whether a Registration is faulty or the MIDI file linked in the Reg.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 05:00:56 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Help 970 froze when calling up a midi backing song with a registration
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 05:16:44 PM »
970 froze  when calling up a midi backing song with a registration. I turned it off and then back on and it seemed to be ok. This has happened a few times. Can anyone help with what the cause might be :(

It's unlikely to be the registration, more likely to be the midi. Load the midi manually to see if the problem occurs. If so, you'll need to figure out what error in the midi file is causing your problem.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons