Author Topic: Sturdy or attachable Stand for PSR-SX900  (Read 1610 times)

kampot

Sturdy or attachable Stand for PSR-SX900
« on: September 20, 2020, 02:20:11 AM »
Hi all,
I’m looking for a sturdy “child safe” stand or a stand that will attach to the the sx900. Currently I have an onstage x-stand, but I want a stand that would be safe for little kids, since my PSR-sx900 is most of the time in living room.

blackpool

Re: Sturdy or attachable Stand for PSR-SX900
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 09:57:01 AM »
Hi Currently have my SX on 2 x 2 cube Ikea Kallax units

You can use these 'end on' and fix these to the wall for added security and leave a gap between for leg room ( as wide or narrow as you wish )  . The units are also ideal for storage, cupboards and drawers/boxes ( various options are available ) plus speaker space if required, as i do. I have also attached front brackets to mine to form a shelf for my second board, but you can of course use them just as a pair of stands to use with one keyboard.
for £44 ( Uk ) in total for the 2 x 2 cubes , they are for me an ideal solution and are available in a black/brown.
They are a 'tad' high but i have got quite used to that.

Note there are other options available - for say a double unit at one side and single at the other, so you could make side desk space...etc...

Hope that maybe helps - Keith

See - https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/p/kallax-shelving-unit-oak-effect-60395876/

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 11:42:30 AM by blackpool »

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 10:24:54 AM »
Very "creative, Keith! And also quite elegant.

Commercial stands are usually excellent for moving around for gigs, but very bad looking in home environment.

Any idea for alternative solutions is very interesting.  :)

Angelo
Yamaha Genos, Clavinova Cvp309PE, Hs-8, Hammond Xm2.
Past: Farfisa Minicompact, CompactDeLuxe; Elkarapsody; Hammond L122R&Leslie142; CasioCz1000; Roland D50, E20, ProE, Juno106, JX8P, Ra90; Technics Kn800, 1000, 2000; Korg M1, i3, i30, Pa1x, Pa3x; others.

blackpool

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 11:03:26 AM »
Yes Angelo - it is difficult to make boards look 'decent' in a domestic set up, ( and safe I suppose if young ones are around ) Plus all the 'clutter' which comes along with them and keep other 'non players' in the household happy!!

Going a bit 'off topic' here, these units are very adaptable 'cheap' and can be used with various permutations of 'inserts' they sell for storage - ie drawers , boxes etc, ( they just slot in to the cube gap ) Ikea I see, even sell speakers to fit the cubes, not sure if they are any good!
I have attached a pic of the other adjacent ones i use ( in the same range, used with some of their inserts ) for all my music, toys, etc.!!

Thanks for your kind comments on my 'Heath Robinson' set up, it does work for me.

Keith 

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 11:25:27 AM by blackpool »