Author Topic: Shiny spots  (Read 10207 times)

Re: Shiny spots
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2020, 02:46:15 PM »
Sorry folks. This is a test post only. Roger and I are working through a problem where email notifications to my replies are not being sent. Perhaps someone could post another reply here so I can see if I've solved my problem. Thanks...
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Toril S

« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2020, 03:08:13 PM »
Hello Lee😀😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2020, 05:16:33 PM »
Thanks, Toril.

Nope. The reply was not sent to my email. I deleted Edge Chromium and posted my reply through Google Chrome. I think there's an issue with the forum software.

Apologies to the OP for diverting attention from the Shiny spots topic.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 09:53:57 PM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline mikf

« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2020, 06:34:37 PM »
Lee
The cost difference between a finish that works well, and one that develops flaws, is most likely very small on these keyboards. Having been in these positions, an making these decision, I think it is unlikely Yamaha or any other decent company consciously makes a discussion to save this little money and do something they know is poor quality. Much more likely they just got it wrong.
Mike

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2020, 08:35:55 PM »
Hi
I cannot understand people getting shiny spots as regular cleaning which i do always brings everything back to Matt.
Simple spectacle cleaner is 100% for me

All the Best
John :)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Toril S

« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2020, 08:50:26 PM »
Didn't work here. I have a second hand Tyros, not a spot on it! So this finish is more fragile.
Toril S

and PSR-47.

« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2020, 09:53:28 PM »
Agreed, Mike. I suppose Yamaha's bean counters didn't play a role in the lousy finish. Yamaha just dropped the "supply chain" ball. They got taken. Hopefully, they'll seek a different plastics company for Genos 2. The Genos 1 company doesn't have a clue.

Offline Ingar

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2020, 11:46:04 AM »
Didn't work here. I have a second hand Tyros, not a spot on it! So this finish is more fragile.
Yes, the Tyros has a silver lacquered surface. Much more resistant.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #58 on: September 24, 2020, 12:42:48 PM »
Genos also has a Lacquered surface. I have seen one before it is added and it looked very strange.
With all the problems of covid all over the world can we really not think of something better to talk about and what the heck are bean counters.

« Reply #59 on: September 24, 2020, 01:00:02 PM »
Good point, Eileen. "Bean counters" are "accountants." :)

Offline Toril S

« Reply #60 on: September 24, 2020, 01:06:26 PM »
It is just because of covid that we need something else, more trivial to talk about😀 But you are right Eileen, lets play our wonderful keyboards, shiny spots and all😀
Toril S

and PSR-47.

« Reply #61 on: September 24, 2020, 01:32:49 PM »
When a person buys a top of the range expensive Genos I do not consider it trivial if the surface finish starts wearing prematurely.   It's a pretty poor show.  My old black Tyros 4SE has done eight years hard work and still cleans up pretty much like new.   Why could the Genos not be the same?

Offline Toril S

« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2020, 01:43:37 PM »
Agreed! Trivial was meant as compared to people dying of covid. But it is a shame that the surface of the Genos develope flaws so fast! By the way, I almost bought a black Tyros4, but ended up with a Tyros5 instead. Not a mark on its wonderful silvery surface!!
Toril S

and PSR-47.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2020, 03:40:58 PM »
Well it only seems to be very few who have bought Genos that are having problems with paint work.
  I had a problem way back with Tyros 2 where the silver surface wore away very badly under the screen. I took pictures of it and sent it to the service department. They then inspected it and fitted a new case for me. Never had a problem with paint ever since.

« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2020, 05:00:26 PM »
Well it only seems to be very few who have bought Genos that are having problems with paint work.
...or very few have reported the problem. There's likely a lot of people who have the problem but could care less. On the other hand, if only a few of the cases are failing in this fashion, it indicates poor quality control on the part of the case maker.

Offline Ingar

« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2020, 07:19:03 PM »
Genos also has a Lacquered surface. I have seen one before it is added and it looked very strange.
With all the problems of covid all over the world can we really not think of something better to talk about and what the heck are bean counters.
Well, everyday little things is an important defens mechanism for peopel in difficult times. That does not mean that people do not care. "Counting beans" is not that silly when it comes to it, it can save our mental healt.
Just my two cents.. ;D