Author Topic: Saving The Detail Settings  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Bernie9

Saving The Detail Settings
« on: September 13, 2020, 08:57:22 PM »
I am making some midi registrations including lead instruments and SMF files to play over. As a reg I can save the midi including transpose and mute,but not right score channel.  The Reference Manual(p60) indicates the score setup returns to Auto with a new song.

Is there a way of saving the settings with the registration.  It is a pain noting the channel number and resetting every time.

Bernie

Online overover

Re: Saving The Detail Settings
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 09:39:02 PM »
Hi Bernie,

the Score settings cannot be saved to a Registration. You must save them directly to the MIDI file (using MIDI Multi Recording > Setup > Save). Make sure to have ticked the checkbox "Score Setting" in this case.

By the way: Do NOT tick the checkbox "Keyboard Voice" in that Setup window if you want to set your Keyboard Voice settings by Registrations.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 09:42:19 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Bernie9

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 09:47:03 PM »
Hi Chris
I just want to read the score on the right channel of the SX900. I can see muting or transposing on the midi direct,but how will that  allow me to pull up the registration with the proper lead channel showing.

Bernie

Online overover

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 10:15:33 PM »
Hi Chris
I just want to read the score on the right channel of the SX900. I can see muting or transposing on the midi direct,but how will that  allow me to pull up the registration with the proper lead channel showing.

Bernie

Hi Bernie,

please have a look on page 89 of the PSR-900 DATA LIST (see the attached picture):

The "Score Play Setting" parameters can be saved in Registrations and also in the MIDI Song file.

But the "Score View Setting" and the "Score Detail Setting" parameters can only be saved in the MIDI Song file.

(The "View Setting" and "Detail Setting" parameters are also automatically saved in the "System Setup" (except the "Key Signature" parameter), but if you load a MIDI file that contains different Score settings, these settings in the System Setup will be overwritten.)

The only way is to make the desired Score Settings, and then (as mentioned before) use "MIDI Multi Recording > Setup > Save" to re-save the MIDI Song file with the current Score Settings. (If you overwrite the "old" MIDI file with the same filename when re-saving, your Registration in which this file is linked should work properly again. If you save the edited MIDI file with a different filename, you have to re-memorize this new MIDI file to the relevant Registration(s).

Hope it is more clear now!

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 14, 2020, 02:24:23 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

Offline Bernie9

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 11:28:25 AM »
Sorry Chis,
I,obviously,didn't understand why,but I do now.  Thank you for the excellent solution and your time and effort. Much appreciated.
Bernie

Online overover

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2020, 02:25:10 PM »
Thanks for your kind feedback, Bernie! :)