Author Topic: A board for oriental keyboards !!!!!  (Read 251 times)

Offline balcino

A board for oriental keyboards !!!!!
« on: September 10, 2020, 10:21:11 PM »
hello to everybody !!!
My name is Spiros i'm from Corfu island greece.
Maybe it's possible to have a spesial board for oriental keyboards such as PSR-A3000/A2000/OR700/A1000/ and other models ???

Thanks !!!

The following users thanked this post: elad770

Offline elad770

Re: A board for oriental keyboards !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 05:52:40 AM »
I have Genos, but i still think it's a good idea!

I have a big passion for oriental sound and always looking for special styles and voices!

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 11:07:23 PM »
I believe the new SX600 is geared up for a lot of Latin stuff. Have you looked at the expansion packs I am sure I have seen oriental packs.

Offline balcino

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 01:24:16 AM »
Thanks for your comments ellad70 and EillenL!!!
By the way i realy enjoy your styles EillenL!!! thanks a lot for the good job you 've done !!!
I know about SX600 but Latin is not oriental so i'm waiting to see if Yamaha release a special SX600 oriental version. Also i own SX700 so i have all oriental packs !!! Thanks for the advice!!!! I 'm thinking to replace my S670 with the new SX600 ... don't know yet ... but the thing i 'm talking about here is for a special board in this forum for us oriental (and Balkan) keyboards users like A1000/OR700/A2000/A3000/  even the small keyboards like A300/A350 oriental keyboards and also special indian keyboards like i500/i450!!! I know that all these keyaboards are like other PSRs like ... A2000 is the same with PSR-S750/950 and A3000 is the same with PSR-S770/970 but it would be nice to have a special board for all oriental (and Balkan) keyboards users !!!!!

Thanks a lot Spiros !!!!!!

Online overover

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 02:01:48 AM »
Hi Spiros,

do you already know these Oriental Packs available for the A3000?
>>> https://asia-latinamerica-mea.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-a3000/vse.html#product-tabs

Some of them are also available as Genos versions:
>>> https://asia-latinamerica-mea.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/vse.html#product-tabs

Basically, these packs (.ppf format) should also work with the SX700 (within the framework of the relatively limited size of the expansion memory on the SX700).

Best regards,
Chris
Everyone always said: This is not possible! - Then someone came and ... just did it!

Offline balcino

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2020, 02:16:33 AM »
Thanks for the reply Chris !!!
Yes i allrady have all this packs and many more from other sources !!!! Also the Yamaha ones (oriental balkan etc ... )
I know about the limitations on SX700 memory (only 400mb) but i can't aford a SX900 and i 'm saving money for a korg pa700 !!!
Anyway i have three Yamaha arrangers and some old rolands and yamys like SY99 !!!
Also i 'm talking about a special message  board in the forum for special oriental keyboards not for expansions !!!!
Thanks for your answer i allready have the expansions and (not all) they soun great on SX700 even with the memory limit (in this way i can choose whitch sounds i 'll keep after revoicing the styles) they are all .ppf !!!

Thanks Chris !!!!

Also i want to thank you one more time for your help aout my PSR-OR700 (witch i still have) about the style  behavior !!!!

Spiros !!!

Offline Del B

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2020, 05:35:55 AM »
Spiros Is asking for a Message board to post messages about oriental Keyboards not the oriental packs. I believe the oriental keyboards are set up slightly differently with the tuning ect.

Offline mikf

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2020, 10:50:22 AM »
I really don't think the likely traffic level requires separate boards.  The 80/20 rule is probably close to being true on the forum, ie 80% of the posts are on only 20 % of the boards. It probably would make more sense to have fewer rather than more separate boards, and lump several less used models together under more general headings. I don't think the individual posts would get lost, because there would not be high volume.
Mike

Offline balcino

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2020, 12:20:52 AM »
Thanks anyway !!!
It was just a suggestion for oriental keyboards having in mind that we are a lot of users from Balkan Middle East Asia etc... !!!
Probably Mike is right !!!

Thanks a lot  Spiros !!!!!!