Author Topic: Adding sound effects like roaring lion, crickets, thunder claps, etc.  (Read 2813 times)

Offline intheword

My Genos is very new and I barely know how to use it.  I have not seen any sound effects in the factory unit, don't know if it has any, but I would love to be able to add some effects and then understand how to save them and trigger them while playing.  Any tips out there?

Also, I am not interested in recording them myself, I just want to find some pre-packaged sounds that i can buy and then upload to the Genos.  Thanks!

Offline Karlos

Re: Adding sound effects like roaring lion, crickets, thunder claps, etc.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 09:57:28 AM »
Check out CMS sounddesign, they have a good selection of free sounds to try. They do a Natural sfx collection, plus they have many more,  it has got various sounds mapped to individual keys, animals, water etc etc. You need to download it and import into YEM to install it on your Genos.

On their website homepage you go to "freeware", then "yamaha freeware", then you will see four options.

I have many sounds from them in my Genos, take your time looking because there is a lot to choose from.

Enjoy.  :)

« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 10:02:32 AM by Karlos »

Offline vanzee

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 03:09:24 PM »
Every possible sound that can be recorded or downloaded in ".wav"
can be used to make a "multipad audiolink".
MP audiolink is a very powerfull function.
This multipad can be applied as many times as you wish
in all the songs you play.
Best Regards
Eddy Vanzee

The following users thanked this post: Taffinator

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 10:48:41 PM »
In Multi pas section Arrange 2 you will find some sound effects and if you look in the drum kits you will find SFX kits with some in but they are not mapped to every note.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 08:11:21 AM »
The GM/XG voices also have some sound effect programs. The waveforms are there on Genos but are not visible as voices by default. There are instructions somewhere on this forum to copy them onto your USB / User drive.
Genos

Offline EileenL

The following users thanked this post: Charlie Love, Dave Shively, LarsMoss, ticktock

Offline panos

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2020, 10:05:53 PM »
Hi intheword,
in order to found real recorded sound effects we search on Google for "free wav sounds" or "free wav files".
As vanzee said we create audio multipads to play these sounds.

After you have found a sound that you like you can use a free program like Audacity to manipulate the duration of the sound or add a fade out effect to the sound etc.

A .wav sound or file it is just an audio sound(that means recorded)
like recorded sound is an mp3 or a music CD or an old vinyl disc.

Programs that play music(e.g. mp3) or video(e.g. mp4) on the pc (like windows media player) can read and play wav files.

An example of a site that has sounds like these for free:
https://bigsoundbank.com/search
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 10:06:56 PM by panos »

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 01:48:08 PM »
Hi
Get yourself a zoom 24 bit recorder and you can have all the sound effects you need
Pull a cats tail and sample the latest moogie synth.
Pinch the wifes bum and you have a howling wolf!! ;D
I suggest you do not sample a car crash unless you have a good insurance policy.

All the best
John :) :P

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 01:53:38 PM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox