Author Topic: Re-arrange Playlist Order  (Read 2213 times)

btweengigs

Re-arrange Playlist Order
« on: September 06, 2020, 07:06:53 PM »
When I am building and saving playlists they save in a random order. Is there any way to put them in a custom order after they already been saved?

Offline RONBO

Re: Re-arrange Playlist Order
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 08:00:53 PM »
Dear Edde

You may wish to rename each song title by adding a number. Example- rename the first song by adding 001 followed by the name of the song you want to appear first.  Then 002 for the next, etc ....ect.

I suggest 001 to start. to cover up to 1000 songs.  That could be too many for a song list so starting at 01 may be more appropriate for up to 100 songs

If you start renaming at the #1 you will have issues when you reach #11

This works for me

Regards

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 08:22:43 PM »
When I am building and saving playlists they save in a random order. Is there any way to put them in a custom order after they already been saved?

On a Genos, you just use the Up and Down buttons to move entires around. Hopefully it’s the same on an SX.

Note that the entires aren’t in "random" order. They’re in the order you added them to the list.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

btweengigs

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 04:38:22 PM »
Thank Ron and Fred. But no cigar. I tried numbering as suggested...didn't change the order. And, there is no up or down arrow when calling up the list.  It's not alphabetical or numerical... still totally random.

Offline RONBO

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 05:17:11 PM »
Sorry that didn't work out on your SX900

It works on a tyros 5 and earlier models

Ron
PSR Performer Page                                  IT'S EASY TO BE THE SHIP'S CAPTAIN WHEN THE  SEAS ARE CALM

Proud Genos2 owner

Former boards  PSR2100, PSR 910, TYROS 4,  TYROS 5 and Genos

Offline Normanfernandez

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 05:21:55 PM »
Is there any space before the number!
Did check after restarting the keyboard?
Norman Fernandez Keyboardplayer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCngm8h5k5NmKnowJpkxlDBQ

PSR S770 - Roland FP 30 - PSR 280
Cubase - Kontakt6

btweengigs

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 05:29:08 PM »
Thanks Norman. No spaces and, yes, rebooted. No change. Thanks anyway.

btweengigs

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 05:33:08 PM »
Partial solution found. If playlists are saved as FILES they will appear randomly. If you save playlists into FOLDERS, the folders will arrange themselves numerically and alphabetically.

Offline PhotoDoc05

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 06:51:30 PM »
Eddie,
I just checked on my SX-900, and can readily and easily change the order of records in my Playlist.

On the right hand side of the Playlist, under "Add Record", I have buttons for List and Search, followed by Delete, and Edit.
And then there are 2 arrow buttons, for Up, and Down. Just highlight a record, and move it in any order.
As Fred mentioned, the list is initially showing the records...... "as you added them" to the list.

But it seems very straightforward to rearrange them in any way you'd like. Remember to Save your changes.
I am not using Folders, just files.
Hope that helps,  Regards,  Jerry
"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware."—Martin Buber

btweengigs

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2020, 07:50:41 PM »
Jerry
Like you, I am using FILES not FOLDERS. Each PLAYLIST contains about 20 registration files.
Originally I was naming each playlist like this:  SHOW 1, SHOW 2 and so on. They just appeared in a random order within the playlist and there were no controls for EDIT, LIST or ARROWS UP AND DOWN.

Once I changed the playlist names to 001 SHOW, 002 SHOW, etc...they all fell in order.

Thanks to all.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2020, 10:21:39 PM »
Jerry
Like you, I am using FILES not FOLDERS. Each PLAYLIST contains about 20 registration files.
Originally I was naming each playlist like this:  SHOW 1, SHOW 2 and so on. They just appeared in a random order within the playlist and there were no controls for EDIT, LIST or ARROWS UP AND DOWN.

Once I changed the playlist names to 001 SHOW, 002 SHOW, etc...they all fell in order.

So, Eddie, you’re not using the Playlist feature of the keyboard. That’s what is confusing all of us.

You simply want to arrange a group of registrations in order like we did on older keyboards like the Tyros.

Now that you’ve solved your problem, you should look at the Playlist feature. Much easier than rearranging registrations.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2020, 04:47:07 AM »
Fred....
I thought a Playlist was a list of registrations built for particular songs....arranged just like I did in bands I played in years ago. No?

What am I missing?

You’re missing the Playlist feature on your SX. Check out Jerry's response.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ