Author Topic: New Tutorial - Genos Style Creator (part 2)  (Read 5331 times)

Offline pedro_pedroc

New Tutorial - Genos Style Creator (part 2)
« on: August 31, 2020, 08:23:10 PM »
Hello, Everyone.

I'm proud to share to you, my new Tutorial about the Genos Style Cretor.

In this second tutorial, I show everything I did to create the style for "Don't Answer Me" (song of Alan Parsons Project), music that I performed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFdF5Z8V5Qg

The tutorial teaches some new things about Style Creator, how to use step editor, how to activate Guitar mode and how to use it, assembly parts, equalization and so on.

I hope you enjoy: (please activate subtitles to bettter understand - english is not my native language - there is subtitles in portuguese either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAB2ruTOBWI

Please, if you liked, share to other. My intension is only to help other musicians.

Best regards from Brazil,
Pedro Eleuterio

PS: If you did not watch the first tutorial, it is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQBeKyPmxs8
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 08:29:40 PM by pedro_pedroc »

The following users thanked this post: Graham UK, terryB, peterm, Ed B, GrantB, strandkam, KeyboardByBiggs, Roshure

Offline pedro_pedroc

Re: New Tutorial - Genos Style Creator (part 2)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 07:45:48 PM »
Did anyone watch this second tutorial?
Did you like?

Please, help me with your feedback - I need them to always improve.
Leave your comment here, or in my YouTube channel...

Regards,
Pedro Eleuterio

Offline terryB

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 04:33:20 PM »
Hi Pedro thank for this tutorial, it is easy to follow and a further insight into style creation. The ability to create parts from scratch and include 'borrowed' parts from existing styles is a useful tool.  :)

Cheers Terry

Offline pedro_pedroc

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 06:53:09 PM »
Hello, Terry.

Thank you very much for your comments. I was in doubt about the tutorial quality, and comments like yours help me a lot.

Regards from Brazil,
Pedro Eleuterio

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 06:40:20 AM »
Very good.  Very informative 👍
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Offline balcino

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2020, 11:32:39 PM »
Very good tutorial Pedro !!!
Thanks and keep doing more like this ... help us alot !!!!

Spiros !!!
Spiros
SX700 - PA700 - OR700 - PA300

Offline pedro_pedroc

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2020, 04:22:01 PM »
Thank you balcino and guitpic1.
Help me to share it, please.

Regards from Brazil,
Pedro

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2020, 09:54:17 PM »
I watched your first video and left this comment for you.

You only have to record using CMaj7 notes "if" you select M7 when recording your notes. You can (as I do) change from the default "M7" to the "Maj" choice and then can record any NOTE you want or NEED to use to make the correct RIFF in your styles.

You can not play a "B" if you only record in "M7". When recording the bass guitar patterns, many times you will need to record a "B" note (also with guitar riffs) which is impossible to record using "M7". I have found it much better to record using the "Maj" scale, as you have no limits on the notes you can record.

Regards
Drake

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2020, 10:24:10 PM »
After watching your second video, I picked up your explanation for how to use the HIGH KEY / NOTE LIMIT. I knew about this screen but could not figure out how to use it correctly. 

The other thing you explained was changing in the NTR screen to Root trans. I am not sure if that is possible on a PSR S950 Keyboard or not. I don't recall seeing a screen with that sort of option. If anyone knows if that option is available with PRS keyboard line, please let me know.

Thank you for posting the two videos, we all learn from each other. Someday maybe we will master these beasts ... lol

Regards
Drake
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 01:32:25 AM by DrakeM »

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2020, 11:30:01 PM »
The other thing you explained was changing in the NTR screen to Root trans. I am not sure if that is possible on a PSR S950 Keyboard or not. I don't recall seeing a screen with that sort of option. If anyone knows if that option is available with PRS keyboard line, please let me know.

Hi Drake,

Access to the NTR/NTT settings on your S950 is via Option #2 of the 'Style Creator' 'PARAMETER' page.

It would be worth checking out the section 'Making Style File Format Settings (PARAMETER)' starting on page 38 of the 'PSR-S950 Reference Manual' (not the 'Owner's Manual'!) for full details of all the settings in the 'PARAMETER' page.

Regards and stay safe,

Ian

Offline JanCK

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2020, 03:24:13 AM »
Hi Pedro,
I finally got to watch your 2nd instructional video.  It was really very helpful, and I had no trouble at all understanding your English.  Many thanks for your well-organized and thoughtful work!  You must have spent a lot of time on both videos, and just wanted to let you know I appreciate them.

All best wishes, Jana

Offline pedro_pedroc

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2020, 08:58:33 PM »
Hello, everyone.

Thank you very much for your comments!!
Help me to share it!

Regards from Brazil,

Pedro Eleuterio

Offline kharri

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2021, 10:54:00 PM »
Hi Pedro!

I really enjoyed your tutorials (part 1 & 2). I've played them several times.

Any chance of sharing your tutorial style files?

This would be helpful to better understand in case I missed some parts.

BTW: Your English is great!

Thanks again for your tutorials  :)

--Kevin

Offline pedro_pedroc

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2021, 07:32:08 PM »
Hi Kevin.

Thank you for your comments. I just released the third tutorial at my channel, check it out and turn on the English subtitles, because this time I recorded in Portuguese.

I hope you enjoy it.

Regards.
Pedro

Offline kharri

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2021, 08:43:22 PM »
Thank you for creating the tutorials.
Any chance of getting your tutorial .sty files?

--Kevin

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2021, 10:58:51 PM »
Hi Pedro,

I watched your second Style video too, I liked them both.

You did a great job but for me, I could use further explanations on how and why you selected certain options in the process. You move through the setups quickly and select what you need, but you never explained why you selected one option over another. You make it look easy to create a song specific style, but for some of us, it goes right over our heads!

I'm not trying to pick your tutorial apart, I'm just giving you some suggestions for videos in the future. What comes naturally for you is awkward for many.

Thanks for your work!

Rick D.