Author Topic: Metronome  (Read 1507 times)

Offline trotty

Metronome
« on: August 31, 2020, 06:48:06 PM »
Hi i have an sx900 and trying to get the metronome to work i have it switched on and volume at 100 but i cannot hear any sound any ideas

regards
Trotty

Offline overover

Re: Metronome
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 07:12:22 PM »
Hi Trotty,

maybe the Metronome is accidentally routed to a SUB OUT.

I recommend to call up "[Menu] > Line Out" and to make sure that the Metronome Part is routed properly. (It's best to check all the Parts, on all available pages!)

Please refer also to the pages 136/137 in the SX900 Reference Manual ("Selecting the Output Destination of Each Sound (Line Out)").

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 07:19:20 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline trotty

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 12:52:43 PM »
Hi Chris

Many thanks for your reply i done what you said but could not find anything wrong however when i came out of the menu the metronome started working ???

best regards

Keith

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 04:14:12 PM »
Hi Chris

Many thanks for your reply i done what you said but could not find anything wrong however when i came out of the menu the metronome started working ???

best regards

Keith

Hi Keith,

nice to hear that it works now!

The Line Out settings could be accidentally changed by Registrations (for example when you try Registrations from other users). I recommend you to make a Setup-Registration that sets the Line Out settings to the "original" state. To do this, make sure that the Line Out settings are correct, then press "Memory", make sure that ONLY the checkbox "Line Out" is ticked, press Reg Memory button #1 and delete the other Reg buttons, if needed. Then save the Reg Bank using a filename like "Line Out Reset".

I recommend to untick the "Line Out" box in the Memory dialog then again, so that the Line Out settings are NOT memorized to your normal Registrations. The advantage of this is, if you should decide in the future to use the Sub Outs, you don't have to change all your existing Registrations, but you just create an additional Setup Reg for the new Line Out settings.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 04:31:43 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)