Author Topic: automatic chording for my PSR 3000  (Read 4314 times)

midiw

automatic chording for my PSR 3000
« on: August 30, 2020, 01:19:14 PM »
Nearly 30 years of playing my PSR3000 I still don't understand what went wrong  or rather what I did because my PSR plays and works with the exception of this problem that I obviously did something to mess up the finguring .

When I set it up to play I have to hold down the left finger to continue to play because if don't  a key down , lets the lowest C , the automatic chording stops.

Hope this question makes sense because I sure do need help . 

I have  floundered  thru the manual and just can not find the answer .  AIso no longer have the patience of reading manuals .

Please  help this old goof .

Thanks to all for reading this question and hopefully helping me .

« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 01:20:17 PM by psrguy »

Janus

Re: automatic chording for my PSR 3000
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2020, 01:36:14 PM »
You have to select "left hold on"
Gr.Jan

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 01:36:48 PM »
Hi psrguy,

could it be that you have activated the "SYNC STOP" feature? Normally the LED on this button should NOT light up, then the accompaniment will continue even if you take your fingers off the keys after striking a chord.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

midiw

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2020, 11:10:54 PM »
Thank you Janus and overover .

Indeed that solved me problem ,  you are both definitely gurus .

Happy keyboarding to all .

Walter/midiw/PSRguy
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 11:12:31 PM by psrguy »

midiw

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 11:49:36 PM »
Follow up question please .

When I turned off the PSR3000 and then turned it back on after about 5 minutes I had to reset all the above settings .

Is that normal ?  In my my way of thinking it should retain those settings .

Thanks again .

some examples of my audio productions at Sound Cloud created with various audio/DAW's : https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Janus

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 02:33:20 AM »
You must save the settings in a Registration
The best test all your Registration

Gr.Jan
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 02:34:27 AM by Janus »

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2020, 02:44:06 AM »

When I turned off the PSR3000 and then turned it back on after about 5 minutes I had to reset all the above settings .

Is that normal ?  In my my way of thinking it should retain those settings .

I'm not sure what "the above settings" are, but Yamaha keyboards, especially older models, don't retain many user settings through a power off/on cycle.

The standard workaround is the create a setup registration, which sets they keyboard the way you want. Then you load this registration every time you power on.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2020, 09:30:25 AM »

Is that normal ?  In my my way of thinking it should retain those settings . ...

Hi psrguy,

usually when you restart the keyboard, functions like ACMP, Sync Stop or Sync Start are NOT activated. You always have to set manually it as you like, or you can use  Registrations or OTS (the One Touch Settings 1 - 4 of the Styles).

When you press an OTS button, ACMP and Sync Start will be turned on automatically.

When you load a Registration (buttons 1 - 8 ), the Panel settings will be changed to the state as you previously saved.

The "Sync Stop" button is normally always turned OFF. You can use it temporariliy (activate it manually or via a Registration) if you need this "special effect" (the accompaniment stops when you release your fingers from the keys).

By the way, there is also the function "Synchro Stop Window" (see also the attachted picture):

[FUNCTION] > [C] STYLE SETTING/SPLIT POINT/CHORD FINGERING > Tab STYLE SETTING/SPLIT POINT

Quote from page 106 in the PSR-3000 Owner's Manual:

Synchro Stop Window
This determines how long you can hold a chord before the Synchro Stop function
is automatically cancelled. When the [SYNC STOP] button is turned on and this
is set to a value other than “OFF,” this automatically cancels the Synchro Stop
function if you hold a chord for longer than the time set here. This conveniently
resets Style playback control to normal, letting you release the keys and still have
the Style play.

So, with this feature you can leave the "Sync Stop" button always turned ON, but the accompaniment will only stop when you play a chord and release your fingers then immediately.

The minimum amount of time that you have to keep the keys pressed (so that the accompaniment does NOT stop when you release the keys) depends on the note length you have to set in "Style Settings> Synchro Stop Window".

You should definitely save this setting in a Registration (for each song you want to use it with).

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

[attachment deleted by admin]
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)