Author Topic: choirs  (Read 1518 times)

hornimans135

choirs
« on: August 28, 2020, 03:17:00 PM »
what is the best choir to use on sx900 for hymns solos etc?

Re: choirs
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 01:34:42 AM »
Hi there , I noticed nobody had answered you so I'll have a go. I find that if you combine both the two boys choirs on the first page of your choirs on the voices you get a lovely rich sound. If you select one on R1 and then the other on R2 and pan each in the opposite direction, also a fair amount of reverb usually large hall plus gives you a really rich choir backing. The add further add the gospel hum as well as your third voice.   Hope this helps.  David

Re: choirs
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 01:40:33 AM »
Sorry I meant to add that with the voices available on the sx900 there isn't really anything suitable for solo voices and bearing this in mind I added a few choirs and solo voices as an expansion pack which included tenor and soprano samples. They are great fun but be careful as you can literally only use with a maximum of an octave and a half in the centre of the keyboard otherwise sounds like Mickey mouse lol, but nevertheless very good for combining with the onboard choirs. My voices were a free download but can't remember who from. I will try and find out. Yamaha do voice packs as well but I haven't heard these yet.