Author Topic: Utilizing all my new PSR SX900 Styles  (Read 2592 times)

HarmonyCore41

Utilizing all my new PSR SX900 Styles
« on: August 26, 2020, 09:15:27 PM »
Hey Everyone,

I know it may sounds challenging or difficult to find but I would be very much thankful if anyone can share a compiled list of songs with the same styles as the keyboard. My goal is to play and utilize all the styles as much as I can to train myself how to play different genres as well. I am mainly a Rocker and POPer but I like to also to learn latin, r&b, and ballroom. I am currently trying my best in teaching myself Jazz but it will take some time until I get the hang of it. Entertainer? Nah! i will skip this. So, the only solution is to listen, listen, and listen to many songs. Or maybe someone here has been playing PSR for decades and already compiled a list of songs to share.

Your replies are much appreciated in a every musical way :)

Offline EileenL

Re: Utilizing all my new PSR SX900 Styles
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2020, 10:32:52 PM »
Download the playlists. They will give you some song suggestions for the styles.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 12:39:38 AM »
As Eileen said, the Bonus Playlist (available here: https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/downloads.html) has a song for every preset style.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

HarmonyCore41

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 02:02:14 AM »
Thanks, exactly what I am looking for :)

Offline Bernie9

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2020, 01:34:02 PM »
Thank you Eileen and Fred,me too

HarmonyCore41

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 05:41:56 PM »
Hey folks, I would really like to thank you again for this bonus playlist as it keeps me busy studying and experimenting with songs. And Yamaha did a very good job matching the chosen songs with the existing styles as if they are twins. This playlist will keep me busy for at least a year until I practice all these songs  ;D

One more concern ...

These songs come with only 1 reg. button programmed in each song bank. I presume Yamaha did this intentionally to give you the room to add your own buttons and save on the existing bank file. However, I couldn't quite follow point number 8 in the readme file that came with it. It says "Each Playlist Record contains several Registration data to play the song". I can see only 1 reg. button per song in the bank file and it reads "1" beside each song in the playlist. How can I access those several reg data to play a song?

Hope I explained it clearly!!

Cheers :) 

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 06:32:39 PM »
Hey folks, I would really like to thank you again for this bonus playlist as it keeps me busy studying and experimenting with songs. And Yamaha did a very good job matching the chosen songs with the existing styles as if they are twins. This playlist will keep me busy for at least a year until I practice all these songs  ;D

One more concern ...

These songs come with only 1 reg. button programmed in each song bank. I presume Yamaha did this intentionally to give you the room to add your own buttons and save on the existing bank file. However, I couldn't quite follow point number 8 in the readme file that came with it. It says "Each Playlist Record contains several Registration data to play the song". I can see only 1 reg. button per song in the bank file and it reads "1" beside each song in the playlist. How can I access those several reg data to play a song?

A registration, and "registration data" are different to Yamaha. By registration data, they mean how many buttons are loaded, whether the sequencer is used, which button to start with, whether lyrics are to be displayed automatically, etc. That's the "several ... data" they're talking about.

To access more buttons per song, just memorize them. Be sure to save over the old bank, or the playlist won't be able to find it.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

HarmonyCore41

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 09:21:27 AM »
Yes Fred, I thought the same. Well, I did save couple of bank files after adding the buttons that I needed. I am so amazed by how flexible this keyboard is. I shared a song in the member songs area in this forum. Love this keyboard!

Thanks a lot for your help :)