Author Topic: Loading MIDI from USB via Mobilesheets or Songbook w/o using registrations  (Read 1991 times)

Offline repetedj

Is it possible to have Songbook/Mobilesheets directly load a MIDI file located on a USB stick into the T5 without using a registration bank.

I have about 300 MIDI files and I do not want to create 300 registrations in order to have Songbook or Mobilesheets load them.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks

Offline Fred Smith

Is it possible to have Songbook/Mobilesheets directly load a MIDI file located on a USB stick into the T5 without using a registration bank.

I have about 300 MIDI files and I do not want to create 300 registrations in order to have Songbook or Mobilesheets load them.

Is there any way to do this?

You can’t get Songbook to load a midi.

However, you can get a midi to load the right pdf in Songbook.  You just need to modify each midi to include the necessary commands.

Don’t know about Mobilesheets, but suspect it’s the same.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline repetedj

Fred,

Thank for the reply. It seems that I have to create 1 registration for each midi file I have.

Here is what worked for me using Mobilesheets.
Starting with a new empty registration folder.....
1. Load a midi file.
2. press the memory/registration button (let's say button 1)
3. Save and name the registration using the song name into the new registration folder..

Precede the registration/song  name with a 3 digit number starting with 000. You will eventually have 000 songA    001 songB   002 songC etc. (no duplicate numbers) The numbers represent the place of the registration within the Registration folder.

4. In Mobilesheets,  create a song and enter a midi Patch Select command providing the MSB LSB of the position of the file in the registration folder on the tyros.
The number systems are offset by 1 between the Tyros and Mobilesheets.
EX. To load song "001 songB", which occupies the 2nd position in the Tyros registration folder, enter a MSB of 0 and LSB of 1.

So in order to create 1 registration pre midi file, I need to push alot of buttons. (I have 330+ midi files).

The above will let me select a song in Mobilesheets and send a command to the Tyros to load the song and the registration.

(not tried yet) I should be able to create setlists in Msheets without having to change anything on the tyros.

Offline Fred Smith

Songbook is exactly the same way.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons