Author Topic: Duplicate voices in Expansion Packs  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Steve_Kelley

Duplicate voices in Expansion Packs
« on: August 27, 2020, 05:54:05 AM »
I've installed all of the Latin/Mexican expansion packs that I could find. There appears to be a fair amount of duplication of some of the voices in these packs (at least they have the same voice number even though the description isn't always exactly the same).

Does YEM load duplicates of these voices (and thus wastes my voice memory) or does it only load one copy of a particular voice? In that case, can I remove some of the duplicates from my selections for the expansion packs? Does the PSR-SX900 find voices by the voice number? Or must it find a voice in each expansion pack if it is referenced from within that pack?

Offline Misu

Re: Duplicate voices in Expansion Packs
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 06:47:21 AM »
Hi Steve,

Many packs use same voices, luckily YEM recognize duplicate files(waves) and load in your installation file only once.
If you have 2 packs, each 100 MB, and you make a PPI file, if 50 Mb are duplicate files, the size of PPI will be around 150 Mb not 200 MB logical.
Packs are made to work alone or together, if you erase from one pack what you consider to be duplicate you don't win space, just, if you save the pack like PPF, that missing voice will be not there if you install this new PPF alone.
So my advice let the pack on the original format.
The voices sound different because on different packs was saved with different parameters, the waves are the same, and the styles choose after LSB (pack position on YEM), I thinck.

Regards
Mihai
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10

The following users thanked this post: Steve_Kelley

Offline Joe H

Re: Duplicate voices in Expansion Packs
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 04:48:34 PM »
The expansion packs have different LSB bank numbers.  If there are truly duplicates, then decide which pack you wish to keep the Voices and uncheck those duplicate Voices in the second pack when you create the .ppi Installation File so they are not loaded when you install the combined packs.

Joe H
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 04:49:45 PM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

The following users thanked this post: Steve_Kelley