Author Topic: Yamaha PSR S775 Super Art.  (Read 2032 times)

Offline Mr. Gary

Yamaha PSR S775 Super Art.
« on: August 22, 2020, 02:55:35 PM »
Thank you all for the informative info regarding my previous questions on Super Articulation.
I have a PSR S775, the initial question was how can I achieve the Super Articulation sounds such as the Tyros 5 has, (Sax for example?)
Replies have mentioned that the 775 cannot produce the same Super Art effect. I have tried another suggestion of using a foot controller or the bend wheel, neither of which I can master, the 'breath effect' is achieved but not the Super Art. Before I go and upgrade to a Geno's ( or perhaps a Tyros 5, opinions welcome), is there anything else I can try for example (not too techy) software..?
Thanks again for all the assistance so far, the PSR tutorial and the friendship within it is invaluable..

Re: Yamaha PSR S775 Super Art.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 04:20:57 PM »
Thank you all for the informative info regarding my previous questions on Super Articulation.
I have a PSR S775, the initial question was how can I achieve the Super Articulation sounds such as the Tyros 5 has, (Sax for example?)
Replies have mentioned that the 775 cannot produce the same Super Art effect. I have tried another suggestion of using a foot controller or the bend wheel, neither of which I can master, the 'breath effect' is achieved but not the Super Art. Before I go and upgrade to a Geno's ( or perhaps a Tyros 5, opinions welcome), is there anything else I can try for example (not too techy) software..?
Thanks again for all the assistance so far, the PSR tutorial and the friendship within it is invaluable..

I think if you really want to sound like the real thing, you need to check out a virtual instrument called Swam from Audio Modeling. This VST Swam is much better than the Super Articulation Saxophones, at least for me, and it is cheaper than a Tyros.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 04:23:04 PM by rodrigo.b »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 06:33:35 PM »
There are two types of super articulation  SA1 and SA2. It is SA2 that is not present in any PSR or S series keyboards which are the ones you are talking  about. You only get them on Tyros 5 or Genos.

The following users thanked this post: Ryszard Bieszczad

Offline pjd

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 05:35:28 PM »
Hi --

Building on Eileen's comment...

SArt1 voices were developed first. They are pretty much based on the same samples as Mega Voices. Yamaha added the software to make Mega Voice playable. It's very difficult to actually play a Mega Voice. Mega Voices are really intended for style development.

SArt2 came next. Yamaha pushed the articulation idea even further. SArt2 uses Articulation element Modeling (AEM) synthesis (page 37, Genos Reference Manual.) SArt2 voices have their own samples and synthesis software. The software combines/modifies the samples in response to what the musician is playing (legato, etc.) AEM is a more sophisticated technology than SArt1.

So far, Yamaha has released SArt2 (AEM) only on Genos and the later Tyros models. They need some features to distinguish the top-level models from the mid-.  :D

Hope this helps -- pj

The following users thanked this post: Ryszard Bieszczad