Author Topic: Remove audio Style PSR E-463 for Korg iM1 app iOS  (Read 2969 times)

Domever92

Remove audio Style PSR E-463 for Korg iM1 app iOS
« on: August 22, 2020, 12:42:43 PM »
Hello guys, thanks for accepting me, sorry my English, I have a problem with my keyboard PSR E-463, I'm using the iOS app Korg iM1, only that when I select the various styles you can also hear the style selected by mine keyboard, is there a way to remove the keyboard style sound and use that of the Korg iM1 app?

SeaGtGruff

Re: Remove audio Style PSR E-463 for Korg iM1 app iOS
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 02:05:29 PM »
Yes, but getting the results you want may require a little work-- depending on the specifics of what you want to do.

To send the keyboard's MIDI output to another device (iPad, computer, etc.) without playing any of the keyboard's sounds, go into the keyboard's Function menu and turn the Local Control to Off. This essentially turns the keyboard into a MIDI keyboard controller so you can use it to play sounds generated by the other device.

However, if you actually want to use the keyboard's sounds for certain parts while using the other device's sounds for other parts, you'll need to have the other device echo or bounce the MIDI for those parts back to the keyboard so it can play them. For instance, if you want the style parts to be sounded by the other device but you want the keyboard parts (Main, Dual, and Split) to be sounded by the keyboard, then you'll need to have the other device send the MIDI data for channels 1, 2, and 3 back to the keyboard, but not the MIDI data for channels 9 through 16.

Domever92

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 02:16:48 PM »
WooooW!!!
thank you very much, it was just what I was looking for.
Could you recommend me some apps for ipad and Windows that generate sounds like in the case of the Korg iM1?
Thank you

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2020, 02:52:02 PM »
I'm glad I was able to point you in the right direction!

As for virtual instrument sounds, there are so many to choose from that I hardly know where to begin.

I can't really recommend anything specific for the iPad, since I don't have much experience with those.

But for Windows I've got a number of different virtual instruments-- some free, some rather costly-- although I don't have any of them installed on my new computer yet.

UVI makes a number of sound packs that can be used with their free UVI Workstation sound player. Most of their sound packs must be purchased, but there's a free sound pack that comes with UVI Workstation.

Arturia makes a number of software reproductions of famous synths and other types of keyboards, which can be purchased separately or as a bundled set.

AIR Music Technology also makes a number of soft synths which are quite good, as well as a more general-purpose collection of virtual instrument sounds called Ignite-- although Ignite is more of a standalone program, as opposed to a plugin that can be used from within DAWs and other virtual instrument hosts.

And then there are many free plugins available-- just search for "free plugins" and prepare to be overwhelmed!

Domever92

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2020, 12:08:12 PM »
thanks for the answer, last question, I connect my PSR E463 to the pc, and I use FL Studio 20, is it possible to play the audio from my piano?

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2020, 11:55:36 PM »
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but if you mean that you want to play some of the PSR's sounds at the same time that you've got its Local Control turned off to play sounds from FL Studio, then you'll need to set up some MIDI tracks in FL Studio which will receive the desired channels from the PSR and send their messages back to the PSR so it can sound them.

If that's what you mean, hopefully the following example will help illustrate what I'm talking about:

PSR (with Local Control turned off) --> Computer running FL Studio

FL Studio Track 1 -- MIDI In: PSR Channel 1 -- MIDI Out: PSR
FL Studio Track 2 -- MIDI In: PSR Channel 2 -- MIDI Out: PSR
FL Studio Track 3 -- MIDI In: PSR Channel 9 -- MIDI Out: Plugin #1
FL Studio Track 4 -- MIDI In: PSR Channel 10 -- MIDI Out: Plugin #2
FL Studio Track 5 -- MIDI In: PSR Channel 11 -- MIDI Out: PSR
FL Studio Track 6 -- MIDI In: PSR Channel 12 -- MIDI Out: Plugin #3
FL Studio Track 7 -- MIDI In: PSR Channel 13 -- MIDI Out: Plugin #4
FL Studio Track 8 -- MIDI In: PSR Channel 14 -- MIDI Out: PSR
FL Studio Track 9 -- MIDI In: PSR Channel 15 -- MIDI Out: Plugin #5
FL Studio Track 10 -- MIDI In: PSR Channel 16 -- MIDI Out: Plugin #6

Computer --> PSR (acting like a MIDI sound module)

In that example, the PSR will play channels 1 and 2 using its Main Voice and Dual Voice respectively, and will play channels 11 and 14 of the style using the style's Bass and Pad parts, but the rest of the style parts will be played by whatever plugins you've selected for those tracks.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 11:57:00 PM by SeaGtGruff »

Domever92

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2020, 05:17:38 PM »
I would like to reproduce only a sound from Fl Studio 20 to the speakers of my piano, I don't know how to change the channels, could you help me? thank you

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2020, 06:24:02 PM »
Oh, you want to play the sound from the FL Studio plugin through the keyboard's speakers?

Do you have Windows?

What you need to do in FL Studio is select the keyboard as the audio out device, but I don't have experience with FL Studio so I can't tell you how to do that.

Then, in Windows, you heed to click on the little speaker icon in the bottom right corner on the task bar (the system tray), and it should show the name or description of your audio device on the top line, with a volume slider below. If you click on the name of the audio device it should expand to list all available playback devices, and you'll want to select the one for your keyboard-- on mine it's called "Line (Digital Keyboard)."

Domever92

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2020, 06:59:34 PM »
Ok! Now work all, thanks for all :)