Author Topic: Edit instrument rhythm Midi File  (Read 2073 times)

Offline chax

Edit instrument rhythm Midi File
« on: August 19, 2020, 12:29:38 PM »
Midi file: PSR SX900
It is possible to change the ‘RHYTHM KIT’ of a midi  in PSR sx900  and edit it too. But is it possible to EDIT  an Instrument (volume, pitch etc) in the Rhythm Kit for the entire song like in the ‘Drum Setup’  pertaining to Style files?.

Chax

Offline ckobu

Re: Edit instrument rhythm Midi File
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 12:58:30 PM »
In the Song creator keyboard this is not possible. It can be on a computer in XGWorks.
The procedure is the same as in the video except that it is not necessary to use the MixMaster that appears at the beginning.
Edit of each element starts in 2.10 seconds, and saving changes is in the moment of 4.03 seconds.
Include English subtitles.

https://youtu.be/xK1pCUyJg8o
Watch my video channel

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 02:27:39 PM »
Yes you can change a drum kit and alter certain effects by loading your midi and then going to song recording and choosing Multi. You will see the title of your song. Now press Step Edit and you have access to all the tracks. On track 10 which is always Drums change to the new kit and try it. Make alterations you want such as volume and effects. When happy save the song.

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 11:22:40 PM »
Sorry not quite sure I understand, are you asking if you can alter drums in a style or in the midifile.

I edited a drum track in one of my styles yesterday using the step editor  In style edit.
( I have also edited styles using xg works and Jorgens split and splice software.)

For a simple edit the step editor worked quite well.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Offline chax

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 06:14:47 AM »
I will elaborate my question as under :
By virtue of drum setup the instruments ( note ) in the Rhythm sec of a sty file can be replaced with instrument of another kit and that note  gets changed in the entire style file for eg F2 of Real Drums can be changed to E3 of Analog kit etc etc. So all the F2 notes in the Real Drums in the  style is replaced by E3 of Analog Kit  ( besides changes to Pitch and Volume etc).Thus the duality is maintained ie Original style Kit and so also the note pertaining to Another kit .
Therefore, the question is that can we do the same for midi files ?A suggestion by  ckobu to use a software to do this  may not be possible because there seems to be no software which allows a particular note in the Drum section of a midi file to be replaced by another note of another kit.
Hence I am seeking for a solution of the above, if any.

Chax

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 07:31:52 AM »
Sorry Chax,
Way above my level of knowledge on psr’s.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Offline ckobu

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2020, 07:41:00 AM »
@chax-
Editing the drum in a MIDI file the way you do in DRUM edit (Style creator) is only possible in the way I described. However, this way you cannot make a replacement of one or more elements as you described. If it's so important to you, you can add a new element to another channel where only he will play.
Watch my video channel

Offline Joe H

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2020, 03:17:47 PM »
... Hence I am seeking for a solution of the above, if any.

Chax

Take a look at Midiworks or StyleMagic, they both have a good drum editor. You can change individual drum notes to whatever you like after you change drum kits. You can also adjust many parameters for individual drum notes, like Volume, Fine tune, Filter and Resonance, etc.  There are demos of both programs you can download and try before you buy.

https://www.midisoft.pl/en/

Joe H

Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html