Author Topic: Good piano samples for sx900  (Read 5384 times)

Good piano samples for sx900
« on: August 16, 2020, 05:11:18 PM »
Could someone share or indicate where I can download ... good PIANO samples for the sx900 ?

Or indicate links to download good samples for the sx900?

Thank you!

Original language: Alguém poderia compartilhar ou indicar onde posso baixar... bons samples de PIANO para o sx900. Ou indicar links para baixar bons samples para o sx900? Muito obrigado!

blackpool

Re: Good piano samples for sx900
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 09:18:48 AM »
Hi - Not sure exactly what you are looking for ?? as 'piano' is a large category covering a wide range of pianos!

If you search piano in 'voice' it brings up lots or results ( over 60 on the SX700, so even more I imagine on the 900 )
These include 'legacy' voices from earlier models and not just the factory/preset options.
You can of course load other voices of your choice and edit sounds how you like.

Hope that helps - Keith

The following users thanked this post: juliofluminense

Offline Teknoss

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 10:22:56 AM »
Hi - Not sure exactly what you are looking for ?? as 'piano' is a large category covering a wide range of pianos!

If you search piano in 'voice' it brings up lots or results ( over 60 on the SX700, so even more I imagine on the 900 )
These include 'legacy' voices from earlier models and not just the factory/preset options.
You can of course load other voices of your choice and edit sounds how you like.

Hope that helps - Keith
LOL. He clearly wrote DOWNLOAD GOOD PIANO SAMPLES.
Obviously he needs better than the factory pianos.
  ::)
Genos 2, Korg PA5X, Ketron EventX, Nord PedalKeys27

blackpool

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 10:32:06 AM »
I did point out that Piano is a large category, this can include several sub-cats. electric, acoustic...etc etc...

I was merely attempting to help - just perhaps this guy had not discovered LEGACY ??
perhaps YOU could throw in some advice yourself in your response!!!!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 12:05:08 PM by blackpool »

blackpool

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2020, 12:03:19 PM »
PS ...there may well be some suitable Piano voices for you to download, in the free packs of Yamaha expansion available just now.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2020, 12:39:23 PM »
There are Piano samples to be had and I believe some were posted on this forum but a lot of them are very large in size and require a lot of memory.

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2020, 09:39:13 PM »
Could someone share or indicate where I can download ... good PIANO samples for the sx900 ?

Or indicate links to download good samples for the sx900? ...

Hi Julio,

first of all, you can try to tweak the Preset Piano Voices of the SX900 as you like. For example, you can add more Reverb and/or change the Reverb Type, or e.g. use a Insert Effect block for the Reverb effect. You can also use the Part EQ to cut or boost the High and/or Low frequencies, or decrease the Filter Cut Off frequency (in "Voice Edit") to make the sound "warmer" / "fuller".

You can save these changes as a "User Voice" (using "Voice Edit"), or you can memorize the changes directly to a Registration.

You can also download new Piano Voices of course. For example, our forum member, Francesco Massa, has made the free Piano Expansion Pack "Gran Coda" (sampled from a "Steinway D-274" Grand Piano). The "big" version 1.10 (recommended for Genos/Tyros5) is about 329 MB. And there is also a"small" version ("PSR-S v1.00") which is only about 96 MB. You will find the download links in the first post of this thread:

>>> https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,49597.msg388297/topicseen.html#msg388297

You can also use Soundfonts (.SF2 format). They can be imported into the YEM by "Import Pack". You can find many good Piano Soundfonts here:

>>> https://sites.google.com/site/soundfonts4u/

Note: Only ".SF2" soundfonts can be used with the YEM. The "Sforzando" format will NOT work!

There are also commercial Piano Expansion Packs, e.g. from the German company "CMS Sounddesign" (Peter Schips):

>>> http://cms-sounddesign.de/page198_en.html

Note: Many CMS Packs are relatively big and need a lot of Expansion Memory. The "big" Grand Piano Packs are almost 1 GB, the "Essential" versions are about 420 - 550 MB. (The SX900 has only 1 GB of Expansion Memory.)

You can also download many FREE Expansion Voices (.ppf format) from CMS:

>>> http://cms-sounddesign.de/page101_en.html

>>> http://cms-sounddesign.de/page132_en.html

>>> http://cms-sounddesign.de/page16_en.html#wa-anchor-jbdr0fgc1dvaqkraww

>>> http://cms-sounddesign.de/page119_en.html

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 09:52:46 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Aquilauno, juliofluminense

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2020, 02:09:29 AM »

Dear OVEROVER, thank you very much! I don't even know how to thank you! A big hug!

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2020, 03:21:05 AM »
Dear OVEROVER, thank you very much! I don't even know how to thank you! A big hug!

Hi Julio,

thanks for your kind feedback!

P.S.
Of course, all Voices in .ppf format also work on PSR-SX models. The only limiting factor is the available space in the Expansion (Wave) Memory:

Genos
3GB
Tyros5
max. 2GB
PSR-SX900
1GB
PSR-SX700   
400MB
PSR-SX600   
100MB
PSR-S975
768MB
PSR-S775
280MB
PSR-S970
512MB
PSR-S770
160MB
PSR-S670
32MB

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline mikf

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2020, 10:49:43 AM »
As a long time piano player, I actually think that for the money, the piano voices on the better arrangers are surprisingly good, even if not quite in the league of a top quality, well maintained acoustic piano. There have been so many posts about piano voice quality on the arrangers over the years. But like many voices, how it sounds often depends on who is playing it. The richness of a piano tone has much to do with the touch and technique of the player.
We conducted a project on this forum some years ago where a midi by the same player ( yes it was me) was then played and recorded on various different keyboards using different samples. The results were posted to see if the differences were obvious. They were not.
Mike 

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2020, 11:11:26 PM »
Hi Chris,
Thank you for the link to Sound Design, wasn’t aware of them.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022