Author Topic: Just ordered SX700, playlists and registration memories  (Read 1976 times)

zackqaz1022

Just ordered SX700, playlists and registration memories
« on: August 14, 2020, 03:39:07 PM »
I am excited for my sx700 that I just ordered and I am reading up.  :)

This is my first post.

I just have questions on playlists, etc
I came from PSR EW400 background where playlist was not a concept (afaik) so please bear with me.  ;)

1. How many maximum playlist items can one store?
2. Is a playlist item = 1 registration bank of multiple memories?
3. I saw in the midi implementation it can receive/recognize Program Changes. Is that to switch to a voice or to switch to a playlist item ( I suspect and hope it is the latter). I use an iPad app called setlist maker that can send Program Changes to MIDI devices so I would like to do the same to SX700.

Thanks!

-Zack

Offline EileenL

Re: Just ordered SX700, playlists and registration memories
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 06:58:42 PM »
You will find some free Playlists to download on the Yamaha site. They have now taken the place of Music Finder and are much more useful. You can save as many as you like.

Offline ckobu

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 07:14:52 PM »
I am excited for my sx700 that I just ordered and I am reading up.  :)

This is my first post.

I just have questions on playlists, etc
I came from PSR EW400 background where playlist was not a concept (afaik) so please bear with me.  ;)

1. How many maximum playlist items can one store?
2. Is a playlist item = 1 registration bank of multiple memories?
3. I saw in the midi implementation it can receive/recognize Program Changes. Is that to switch to a voice or to switch to a playlist item ( I suspect and hope it is the latter). I use an iPad app called setlist maker that can send Program Changes to MIDI devices so I would like to do the same to SX700.

Thanks!

-Zack

1. A maximum of 2500 recordings can be made in one Playlist
2. Yes, each place (record) in the Playlst calls the appropriate Bank Registration
3. Sysex information is sent when each Bank is activated and is also activated with each Registration. This way you can connect the app to the iPad.

In the description of this video you have a large MDF database that has been converted to a Playlist.
https://youtu.be/BF6ckJeQyIE

In this video I explained how to create your own Playlist.
https://youtu.be/rxnn8LA6Vao

Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: Aquilauno

zackqaz1022

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 09:45:57 AM »
Thanks, EileenL and ckobu