Author Topic: Lyrics on Genos and on iPad  (Read 2235 times)

Offline chony

Lyrics on Genos and on iPad
« on: August 13, 2020, 09:47:02 PM »
On my Tyros 5 I was able to store lyrics in text files and bring them up using the dedicated "Lyric/Text" button.

On the Genos the very same text files don't work. Anyone have any idea as to why? And how to make it work?

All that said, I would actually prefer to keep my lyrics on an iPad so I can use the Genos screen for performance. I'm looking for an iPad app that is extremely efficient and quick at calling up lyrics. (I want to keep the clutter to a minimum, so I don't need - or even want - lyrics from other music besides what I put in there.) Any recommendations?

Thanks for your help!

Offline Patrick

Re: Lyrics on Genos and on iPad
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 10:43:24 PM »
Hi Chony, menu 2, text viewer for the lyrics on the Genos; perhaps you can use Songbook, or Songbook +, or Onsong, or Mobile sheet, ..... all the best Patrick

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 01:11:03 AM »
What do you mean by "On the Genos the very same text files don't work."

It's true the font size has changed, so some of your files may need to be reworked. But the system of loading text files hasn't changed between the two instruments.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 05:17:45 AM »
I would actually prefer to keep my lyrics on an iPad so I can use the Genos screen for performance. I'm looking for an iPad app that is extremely efficient and quick at calling up lyrics. (I want to keep the clutter to a minimum, so I don't need - or even want - lyrics from other music besides what I put in there.) Any recommendations?

Thanks for your help!

For that, i use the app Songbook+ on an iPad,  extremely efficient, very happy with it.

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

The following users thanked this post: chony

Offline Patrick

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 06:11:55 AM »
Hi Chony, if you want to see the lyrics in a midi file, menu 2 then 'lyrics'; if you want to see you text files, menu 2 then 'text viewer', all the best Patrick
 ;)

The following users thanked this post: chony

Offline chony

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 06:39:26 AM »
Thanks Patrick. I didn't realize there are separate Lyric and Text menu options.

Thanks Al Ram. I'll try Songbook +!