Author Topic: Issue with updating firmware v.5 on psr-sx900  (Read 2077 times)

Issue with updating firmware v.5 on psr-sx900
« on: August 12, 2020, 06:00:54 PM »
So I download the firmware file from Yamaha website and extract the file and put it onto a blank usb drive
put it into the keyboard hold down the start/stop style control button while holding the power button
but when is finds the firmware file and says loading firmware file.... it just stays on that screen it doesn't move on and give me the option to download the firmware
(attached is a picture of the screen it gets stuck on)

please help me out with any solutions

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline EileenL

Re: Issue with updating firmware v.5 on psr-sx900
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 10:46:44 PM »
The message you have on screen is right. The update is loading. When it is finished it will tell you and that it is going to switch off and on again. press OK and it will do this. Update is now complete.

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 12:40:31 AM »
Yes but i left it for over a half an hour and it still had the same message

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 01:19:58 AM »
You could have a corrupt USB device, or the update download became infected.

Try this, format the USB drive on the keyboard, and then re- download the update to your computer and install update to the root directory of the USB.  If this doesn't work, maybe a new USB device is needed, or maybe restore your keyboard and try again.

Good Luck.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 03:05:19 AM by LaHawk »
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2020, 12:36:23 PM »
Hola, a mi me ha funcionado poniendo el archivo directamente en un pendrive, fuera de cualquier carpeta.

licodemel

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2020, 01:42:00 PM »
Hi shneurslonim
you can just try by using another USB drive and you should format the drive under FAT32 is a must.
I was succeeded in 2nd time using another USB drive and I had to re-download the file. and my download file size is 267MB.

Lucille Chung

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2020, 01:16:20 AM »
As fernandopozo says, it works as long as the firmware is in the root directory of the USB key  - not in any folder.

Offline jimmytle

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2020, 11:16:01 PM »
I got this problem before! Did you download the firmware to an Apple computer? The firmware only work with Microsoft devices, as my experience.