Author Topic: Registrations memory and midis clasification  (Read 1174 times)

Registrations memory and midis clasification
« on: August 24, 2020, 08:10:41 PM »
Hello folks, please your advice and support with the following:

Having these two options, witch one would you recommend for organizing my midi music:

1- Having one Registration Memory for each midi file (song), should I classify (saving in folders) those Registrations according to: per example, kind of music, type, beat or whatever, and should I classify the midi files in that same way to? Or the midi files could be just in a continuous list (no folders) classified just by name.

2- The second option is having the Registration memory (one per song), without any classification, just ordered and saved alphabetically, and classify the midi songs by type, beat or whatever (Folders) according to personal preference?

The idea is, is it a good practice to classify the midi files (songs) and Registration memory associated with each song, (both)?

Thanks for your help and my apologies for this kind of questions, perhaps there is an answer somewhere, I am still learning all this best practices.

Best regards

Bernardo
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 03:42:59 PM by bhergar56 »
👍🏻 Don't worry be happy!

Re: Registrations memory and midis clasification
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 04:05:37 PM »
Hi folks, because I am new managing all de PSR concepts and many options it has, I am in a learning mode by the moment. Regards the above topic and making some research, I think I have the following conclusions and hope someone can tell me if they are correct or wrong.

1- I think that is better to classify at the beginning and for the first time the midi songs into folders and sub-folders according to own preferences. (Type of music, type of event, singer, instrument or whatever) An important part here is to have the name of the midi file correctly written, it is not a good idea to change the name once you have program the registration memory.
2- Once you have all your midi files or songs well classified and written fine, you could start making or program your Registration Memory, this is very personal for each one, for me, I like one Registration for one song or midi file. The name of the Registration should be equal to the midi file, its better for having all organized. I think, its a good idea also to classify those Registration Memory in folders and subfolders in the same way we did with midi files. In that way, in my opinion, everything is well organized and easy to maintain and search.
3- The other issue is, considering this new facility of using TAGS for Registration files, I don't now right now if it could be a better idea to use TAGs instead of classifying Registrations into Folders and subfolders. I was playing with this tag issue and works very well. All you have to do is put your Registrations in a folder and then tag each and everyone with your particular clasification and that will do the job. 

What do you think?

Best regards.
👍🏻 Don't worry be happy!

Offline mikf

Re: Registrations memory and midis clasification
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 04:26:34 PM »
Bernardo
No one has answered yet, and I think because what you are asking about is not all the common  ie having lots of midi songs like this. Some people might play along with midis but most use styles.
Mike