Author Topic: sx900 does putting it back to factory specs erase favourites  (Read 2238 times)

Offline anon125

sx900 does putting it back to factory specs erase favourites
« on: August 08, 2020, 04:35:17 PM »
sx900 does putting it back to factory specs erase favourites
I would have thought so, but i switched it off, held the far right piano key and switched it on.
I am pretty sure the favourite instruments were still there.
 a lot has happened lately so i might be confused!
i have updated it from 1.03 to 1.05 so that would tell me if or not it is back to factory specs if i try again.
thanks all
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 04:36:40 PM by anon125 »

Offline Toril S

Re: sx900 does putting it back to factory specs erase favourites
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 06:40:00 PM »
Hello anan :) Holding down the right most key while powering on the keyboard is a SOFT reset. In that case your files will not be lost. Some settings may be changed, but if you saved voices or styles in the favorites folder they should be there.
However, a complete factory reset deletes everything and puts the keyboard back to as it was when you took it out of the vox.
If your problem was solved with the soft reset, there is no reason to do a complete reset.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: anon125

Offline anon125

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 06:49:49 PM »
How do i do a complete factory reset deletes everything and puts the keyboard back to as it was when you took it out of the box?
Also, 2 of us are having the same problem where one key on one voice is almost silent.
any ideas? and the other user found several voices had problems
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,56391.msg439160.html#msg439160
Thanks for your help

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 07:41:41 PM »
How do i do a complete factory reset deletes everything and puts the keyboard back to as it was when you took it out of the box? ...

Hi anon125,

press [Menu] and go to "Utility > Factory Reset/Backup".

On page 1/2, checkmark the boxes of the desired parameters then touch [Factory Reset] to initialize the settings of the
parameters which are checkmarked.

Please refer also to the SX900 Reference Manual, page 132, for further information.

P.S.
Some settings cannot be reset with Factory Reset. Check "Parameter Chart" in the SX900 DATA LIST for this. (It is listed in the column "Note", on the far right.)

Best regards,
Chris

« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 07:52:27 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline anon125

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2020, 12:10:01 AM »
Thanks
So complicated!