Author Topic: Songbook and Page Flip ?  (Read 5615 times)

Offline Bob88

Songbook and Page Flip ?
« on: August 08, 2020, 07:39:35 PM »
  I have  a Cicada Page Flip (page turner)  I have used it with Songbook for sometime.  It has worked well until recently when suddenly the pages on Songbook do not respond to the page turner.    I replaced the batteries and still it will not function.   I am waiting to hear back from the Page Flip company.   Wondering if any other members use this setup and might recommend a solution.    Ironically  on the Page Flip website Songbook is not listed with a number of other apps as being compatible. It has functioned fine with Songbook for years.  Thanks.  Bob

Offline overover

Re: Songbook and Page Flip ?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 08:02:51 PM »
Hi Bob,

could it be that you turned off Bluetooth on the iPad?

If you do not need a WiFi connection on the iPad, it is recommended to first turn on the Airplane mode and then turn on Bluetooth.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2020, 08:27:37 PM »
Have you upgraded to to the new version of Songbook, or are you still on the old one?

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Bob88

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 06:53:06 PM »
   Thanks Chris and Fred.  Bluetooth is on and the version is 3.4.5   Bob

Offline Bob88

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2020, 03:08:06 AM »
  Update on Page Flip problem on Ipad.   Well I just checked Page Flip with Forscore and it works perfectly.   So, something in Songbook is not recognizing it. .    I cannot find anything
in the Songbook settings to make a correction.   It was compatible before.  Bob

Offline Rick D.

Offline Bob88

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2020, 02:52:18 PM »
Thank you Rick.    I will follow up on your information.    Bob

Offline Bob88

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2020, 01:43:08 AM »
Hi  Rick:   Your instructions were right on the mark.   Problem solved.  Thank you so much.
Regards, Bob

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2020, 05:47:49 AM »
Bob,

Glad you got it sorted!

Rick D.

Offline Bob88

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2020, 05:35:11 PM »
Rick:   Just discovered the Page Flip works great with a 2 page pdf but not 3,4,5 or more pages.   Right peddle causes previous page to open and left peddle activates the next page just the reverse of how it works with 2 pages.  Waiting on  Songbook+ for a solution.  Regards, Bob

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2020, 01:07:02 AM »
Hi Bob,

I’m not familiar with the Cicada pedal, but to me that sounds more like a pedal problem more then a Songbook problem. Post the model of your pedal, so I can check out the manual on it.

Rick D.

Offline Bob88

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2020, 02:23:16 AM »
  Hi Rick:   The Page Flip is now working properly with Songbook+.  After a number of responses from  Songbook+ tech support the issue was found to be  due to a foot pedal setting in Songbook itself.  Page up and down settings needed to be reversed from what I had selected. Thank you for your
interest in my problem.  Regards, Bob