Author Topic: firmware psrs950  (Read 4377 times)

riccoricco

firmware psrs950
« on: August 08, 2020, 05:23:36 PM »
Buona sera.Per favore mi aiutate a capire come installare il firmware di aggiornamento scaricato dal sito yamaha, e come da istruzioni posizionato su una chiavetta usb formattata dalla tastiera? ::) Forse non risolvo il problema che riscontro su questa tastiera,ma ci voglio provare. In effetti pigiando sul tasto di avvio si accende normalmente,quando voglio spegnerla pigiando sullo stesso tasto ritarda a spegnersi, devo stare col dito premuto almeno un minuto e mezzo a volte anche di pił! Per cui mi vedo costretto alcune volte a togliere la spina di alimentazione. :o
« Last Edit: August 08, 2020, 05:28:57 PM by riccoricco »

Offline Dick Rector

Re: firmware psrs950
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2020, 11:49:18 PM »
Same problem with my PSR S950 and many other models. It is an electronic switch and not mechanical. Yamaha knows about it but so far nobody came up with a solution. Yes I also just switch off the power supply.
PSR-2000 and PSR-S950

riccoricco

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 03:56:38 PM »
Grazie per avermi risposto. Mi aiutate a capire come si installa il firmware di aggiornamento nella psrs950 ?

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 03:25:18 AM »
Ricco, keep in mind that this is primarily an English speaking forum, therefore, please convert your text using one of the online translate programs. This will provide you with help for solving your problems from far more members.

From what I've read, you likely have a defective on/off switch, a problem which I have also experienced. The cost of the switch is about $100 US and replacement takes about an hour from a factory trained technician.

As for installing updated firmware, there are instructions on performing this on the Yamaha Website under the support section.

Hope this helps,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 05:09:33 AM »
Hi riccoricco,

you can download the latest Firmware Update (V1.04) for the PSR-S950 here:

>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/en/support/updates/firm_psr-s950.html

First of all, please check your current Firmware version. (This is described on the linked site.)

Download also the "Firmware Installation Guide" for your model and read it completely before updating:

>>> https://uk.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/5/325845/FirmwareInstallationGuide_PSR_Tyros_en2.pdf

P.S.
Certain USB devices can prevent the keyboard from shutting down properly. In the event of such problems, I therefore recommend unplugging all connected USB devices.

P.P.S.
Please use "Google Translator" to translate your text from Italian into English first, then post in English language here.

>>> https://translate.google.it/#view=home&op=translate&sl=it&tl=en

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

riccoricco

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2020, 09:12:01 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions, I didn't understand what the replacement of the electronic switch consists of, being an electronic technician myself I can try the repair.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 09:16:08 AM by riccoricco »

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2020, 11:47:52 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions, I didn't understand what the replacement of the electronic switch consists of, being an electronic technician myself I can try the repair.

Hi riccoricco,

you can download the S950 Service Manual here:

>>> https://psrtutorial.com/lessons/workshops/ServiceManuals.html

There you will find all needed technical information.

The Power Switch (Soft Switch "SW1") is on the "PNM" circuit board (page 138).

This switch is connected via the "SPSI" wire (Pin 8 of the connector "CN2") to the "POWER ON/OFF CONTROL" circuit (on the "AJACK" circuit board on the page "PSR-S750/PSR-S950 AJACK, EMKS61A, HP, MK-H, MK-L, MOD, PB CIRCUIT DIAGRAM (11/11)" (PDF-page 139).

You should also check the "POWER SUPPLY  DC-DC CONVERTER" circuit (around IC902) on the page "PSR-S950 DM 006 CIRCUIT DIAGRAM (9/11)" (PDF-page 137).

On page 76 you can find a description of the DM board TEST POINTS, if needed.

First of all, I recommend to check the external Power Adapter (under load), to be sure that it delivers the correct voltage of 16V DC.

Hope this helps,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 11:50:40 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

riccoricco

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2020, 06:04:10 AM »
Thank you, you have been very helpful to me, it is the kind of support I was looking for, congratulations to this forum and the kindness of the participants. I will try a solution for this problem taking into account the suggestions made thanks again.

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2020, 06:48:20 AM »
Thank you, you have been very helpful to me, it is the kind of support I was looking for, congratulations to this forum and the kindness of the participants. I will try a solution for this problem taking into account the suggestions made thanks again.

Hi riccoricco,

thanks for your quick feedback and your kind words to the forum! :)

I wish you success in repairing your keyboard!

All the best,
Chris