Author Topic: Yem Problem - Can't see my packs on new YEM  (Read 2565 times)

Offline DerekW

Yem Problem - Can't see my packs on new YEM
« on: August 07, 2020, 05:53:53 PM »
Hi - Can someone help me with this please

I have YEM version 2.4.1 installed on my desktop and can see all my packs listed that are on my Tyros 5

I just installed YEM version 2.7.0 on my new laptop, but although YEM lists my Tyros 5, it doesn't show any of my packs, just the icon for Pack 001

Am I doing something wrong?

Derek

Offline EileenL

Re: Yem Problem - Can't see my packs on new YEM
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 10:14:58 PM »
If using a new computer you will not have the information it needs to reload those packs in.
Have you imported your ID number into YEM update.
Find the folder containing your packs on your desk top and load onto your laptop. If this dose not work then just reload your CPF and PPF files back into YEM.

The following users thanked this post: DerekW

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 11:28:00 PM »
Hi - Can someone help me with this please

I have YEM version 2.4.1 installed on my desktop and can see all my packs listed that are on my Tyros 5

I just installed YEM version 2.7.0 on my new laptop, but although YEM lists my Tyros 5, it doesn't show any of my packs, just the icon for Pack 001

Am I doing something wrong?

Derek

Hi Derek,

the YEM cannot read the Pack data "back" from the instrument. You have two options:

A) Copy your Pack files (.cpf and / or .ppf) from your desktop PC onto an USB stick, then copy all these Pack files from the USB stick onto your laptop. Now import your Packs (.cpf and / or .ppf files) in your new YEM on the laptop (just like you did on your desktop PC back then).

Note: I recommend to import the Packs on the laptop in the same ORDER as you did on the desktop PC back then. To see this order, on the desktop PC click on the ">" button next to "My Packs" and select "Change Bank Select LSB". Then make a screenshot of this "LSB" window or just write down the LSB assignment (= the numerical order of the Packs).

On the laptop YEM first import the Pack which has had LSB 000 before, then the Pack with LSB 001, 002, and so on.

B) If you have a relatively large number of Packs (e.g. more than 10) in the YEM of your desktop PC, you can simply copy all the packs at once into the YEM of the laptop. You do this as follows:

1. Close the YEM on the desktop PC.

2. Type "Windows key"+"R" to open the "Run" window.

3. Type or copy the following string into the "Run" window, then click "Ok".

%LocalAppData%\Yamaha\

4. This should automatically open a new Windows Explorer window at the path "C:\ Users\ <YourUsername>\ AppData\ Local\ Yamaha\"

5. On the right side of this Explorer window you should see the "Expansion Manager" folder. COPY this folder to a connected USB Stick now.

6. Repeat the first 4 steps on the laptop, so that you are at the mentioned path (inside the "Yamaha" folder), but on the laptop this time.

7. DELETE the current "Expansion Manager" from the laptop (or just RENAME the folder e.g. to "Expansion Manager OLD")

8. COPY the "Expansion Manager" folder from the USB stick into the "Local" to the "Yamaha" folder on the laptop.

9. Run the YEM program on the laptop: All your Packs should be there, just like in the YEM on the desktop PC. :)

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 11:36:01 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: terryB, DerekW, wersianer

Offline DerekW

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2020, 12:44:21 AM »
WOW. 

Thank you so much Eileen and Chris.

I had assumed that the packs were actually in my Tyros, didn't remember they are actually stored on the computer in YEM.

I hope your posts help someone else too.  The Yamaha documentation doesn't make this very clear

Thanks to you, I now have a working YEM (latest version) on my laptop, complete with all my packs

Thanks again

Derek

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2020, 02:27:01 AM »
Hi Derek,

thanks for you quick feedback!

Nice to hear that the "move" of the YEM from your desktop PC to the laptop has now worked.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

Offline terryB

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2020, 08:38:43 AM »
Thanks for the info, this is going to be useful to me too  :)
Cheers Terry

Monang

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2020, 03:02:00 AM »
Hi Derek,

the YEM cannot read the Pack data "back" from the instrument. You have two options:

A) Copy your Pack files (.cpf and / or .ppf) from your desktop PC onto an USB stick, then copy all these Pack files from the USB stick onto your laptop. Now import your Packs (.cpf and / or .ppf files) in your new YEM on the laptop (just like you did on your desktop PC back then).

Note: I recommend to import the Packs on the laptop in the same ORDER as you did on the desktop PC back then. To see this order, on the desktop PC click on the ">" button next to "My Packs" and select "Change Bank Select LSB". Then make a screenshot of this "LSB" window or just write down the LSB assignment (= the numerical order of the Packs).

On the laptop YEM first import the Pack which has had LSB 000 before, then the Pack with LSB 001, 002, and so on.

B) If you have a relatively large number of Packs (e.g. more than 10) in the YEM of your desktop PC, you can simply copy all the packs at once into the YEM of the laptop. You do this as follows:

1. Close the YEM on the desktop PC.

2. Type "Windows key"+"R" to open the "Run" window.

3. Type or copy the following string into the "Run" window, then click "Ok".

%LocalAppData%\Yamaha\

4. This should automatically open a new Windows Explorer window at the path "C:\ Users\ <YourUsername>\ AppData\ Local\ Yamaha\"

5. On the right side of this Explorer window you should see the "Expansion Manager" folder. COPY this folder to a connected USB Stick now.

6. Repeat the first 4 steps on the laptop, so that you are at the mentioned path (inside the "Yamaha" folder), but on the laptop this time.

7. DELETE the current "Expansion Manager" from the laptop (or just RENAME the folder e.g. to "Expansion Manager OLD")

8. COPY the "Expansion Manager" folder from the USB stick into the "Local" to the "Yamaha" folder on the laptop.

9. Run the YEM program on the laptop: All your Packs should be there, just like in the YEM on the desktop PC. :)

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris

Amazing Over...
Thankn you so much..

Offline overover

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2020, 05:57:08 AM »
Amazing Over...
Thankn you so much..

Hi Monang,

thank you for your kind feedback!

I"m happy that my hints were useful to you. :)

Best regards,
Chris