Author Topic: Hello Everyone  (Read 2231 times)

Offline andy a

Hello Everyone
« on: August 04, 2020, 11:27:02 PM »
Hello Everyone,
I'm Andy from Scotland. I've just joined the PSR Tutorial Forum and I want to say" thank you" for allowing me membership. I'm looking forward to reading the posts.

I haven't been on a music forum for many years, for a couple of different reasons, but I'm sure I'll learn from the clever people here.

I first started playing piano about 66 years ago, but sporadic lessons, with 3 different teachers, were spread over 3 years, which actually amounted to a year of lessons in total. However, I was in my mid teens ,was keen to play and wanted to sound like Jerry Lee Lewis...I'm sure my parents really enjoyed that noise in the house ::)

After a few years I played piano as a semi pro in ex servicemens clubs etc, In the early 70's I had a Yamaha BK5 Electone organ for home use. I then, over the next 15 years,  had various portable organs and a Leslie Speaker for gigging around clubs. Later, I had a PSR70 for home use, followed by PSR8000,  Tyros 1.2.3.4 and 5, which I have used to play at  monthly Seniors Dances, which have been going for 12 years, until Covid-19 caused temporary closure of the venue.

I have recently bought a CVP809, and it is marvellous. First time I have owned a piano in 45 years, and I really enjoy playing it.

Kind regards
Andy  :)

Offline tyrosrick

Re: Hello Everyone
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 08:24:03 PM »
You sound like a great new member for this board - Welcome!

Offline andy a

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2020, 08:26:59 PM »
Well, thank you very much indeed for your kind welcome. Much appreciated
Kind regards
Andy  :)

Offline panos

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 08:30:40 PM »
Welcome to the forum Andy  :)

Offline pedro_pedroc

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 09:09:33 PM »
Hello, Andy.

Nice to hear from you! Welcome to the Forum. This website (and this forum) is the best repository about Yamaha Keyboards you can find.

I have the flagship Genos, as you can watch in my YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/pedromseleuterio
If you want to check it, will be nice.

I hope you enjoy the forum and share your skills too.

Regards from Brazil,
Pedro Eleuterio

Offline andy a

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 09:48:11 PM »
Hello Panos and Pedro,
Thank you both very much for your kind words of welcome, and for sharing your first class musical renditions too. They were very well performed, and I heard 2 of my favourites among them. "Killing Me Softly" and "Phantom of the Opera".
I haven't made any recordings for a long times, and when I did, the Red Rec light syndrome usually kicked in :-[..take 1-2-3- 102 etc.    However, I should get back into it again.
Thanks again.
Kind regards
Andy

Offline Toril S

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2020, 11:15:41 PM »
Welcome to the forum Andy! I am Toril from Norway. The CVP809 didn't make it to Norway! But I have a Genos, and am very happy with it. I am not a great pianist, because accordion was my first instrument. You will find a lot of helpful people here. I look forward to hearing you perform on that CVP!! It is a great instrument.
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 12:01:15 AM »
Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  I’m sure you'll learn a lot about your new CVP-809 keyboard here on the forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing it.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  The following link will take you to the Home page of the website:

http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend Peter (XeeniX), which presently contains 85,000 plus song titles in 2,463 indexed books.  This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  Many of our members are always very willing to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: JohnStarbuck

Offline andy a

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 12:08:14 AM »
Hello Toril,
Thank you very much for your warm welcome.
I really enjoyed your recording of The Beer Barrel Polka. Very well done!

Things have changed a lot since I was last on a forum. It used to be that members uploaded an MP3 file directly to the forum, but I see a lot of stuff is now on You Tube. I think I have some recordings from years ago in box.net..a cloud I think :-\. I'll get down to doing something on the CVP in due course. I'm still finding my way around it, and of course getting used to 88 keys after years of 61 on keyboards.

Kind regards
Andy

Offline andy a

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2020, 12:14:05 AM »
Hi Roger,
Many thanks for your warm welcome, and I'm looking forward to looking through the different pages. It's nice to know that it seems to be such a friendly forum.
Thank you again.
Kind regards
Andy

Offline MINKYCATS

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2020, 04:09:10 PM »
Hi Andy,

Welcome to the Forum.

Lots of help and advice here from friendly people just about sums it up

Trevor (MINKYCATS)
Yamaha AR100 organ:  Genos
Previous: Hammond C3 with PR40 tone cabinet, Yamaha E30, Technics SX-EX60, Yamaha EL70, Technics KN7000, Tyros 5 - 61 and others.

Offline andy a

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2020, 05:18:51 PM »
Hi Trevor,
Thank you so much for your words of welcome. Very much appreciated.
Kind regards
Andy

Offline Toril S

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2020, 07:47:50 PM »
Thanks for your kind words Andy😀
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline andy a

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2020, 09:26:31 PM »
You're welcome Toril.
 Incidentally, the photo with your 2 dogs is small, but I think the one on your left  is a Labrador, and the image of our "Quincey". He was a great dog and I still miss him.

Andy