Author Topic: YEM Setup ? # 2  (Read 4592 times)

dflstarry

YEM Setup ? # 2
« on: August 04, 2020, 09:46:40 PM »
I see we have a choice when we save a pack install file.

1 - is Pack Quick Install .cqi
2 - is Pack Install .cpi

What is the difference?

Thanks in advance for any help.
This stuff is to deep for me. :o

Offline EileenL

Re: YEM Setup ? # 2
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 10:23:48 PM »
If you have several packs installed and you just want to add another pack use CQI. If you are loading up your packs for the first time use CPI.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, hans1966

dflstarry

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 10:28:25 PM »
OK, that makes sense now. ;D
Thank You Much 

Offline Toril S

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 10:47:58 PM »
Thanks Eileen :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Bernie9

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 08:30:09 PM »
I updated YEM and attempted to add the Latin Pak that was originally in the SX900 Expansion,from the Yamaha site. The new software attempted to add it with .cqi,as I wanted.  It would not load into the keyboard saying in needed full install(I guess .cpi).  Is this because it is a reinstall?

Bernie

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2020, 10:33:34 PM »
Do you now have different packs installed on keyboard from the ones that were pre loaded. If so you have to keep the ticks in these packs and add a tick in the one you want to add. Then save as CQI file to USB or by wireless.

Offline Bernie9

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 09:02:14 AM »
Thanks Eileen,that could be it.

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 05:36:58 PM »
It took me awhile to get it too, so to add further, to what Eileen as stated,

You need to FIRST save ALL your packs (all green ticks) as a .cpi file. (Use the drop down menu) to a USB drive
After loading that .cpi file in Menu 2 / Pack Installation in the keyboard, all of your packs will be listed on the SX-900 under the Styles, Voices, EXPANSION/USER BUTTON.

Then any time after that, if you add more packs to Expansion manager, you have the option of again ticking green ALL of your packs, including the old and new packs, and again save them ALL as a .CPI file (old longer method). Or use the new, quicker method of ticking green all packs again, and save as a .CQI file (Corrected 8/7/20)

Bottom line, CQI just makes it quicker to load any new packs AFTER your initial  CPI file was created and loaded into keyboard.
Other than that, no difference.

(Photo below shows the initial method of saving ALL of your packs as one big.CPI file for loading in the keyboard. Again, you MUST do this first, before you can use the quicker .CQI method of adding future packs.)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 03:45:54 PM by LaHawk »
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Bernie9

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2020, 09:05:10 AM »
Hi Larry
Thank you for the great information and illustrations.  It makes sense to make them all the same format.

Bernie

Offline overover

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2020, 09:31:32 AM »
... You need to FIRST save ALL your packs (all green ticks) as a .cpi file. (Use the drop down menu) to a USB drive
After loading that .cpi file in Menu 2 / Pack Installation in the keyboard, all of your packs will be listed on the SX-900 under the Styles, Voices, EXPANSION/USER BUTTON.

Then any time after that, if you add more packs to Expansion manager, you have the option of again ticking green ALL of your packs, including the old and new packs, and again save them ALL as a .CPI file (old longer method). Or use the new, quicker method of ticking green only the new pack(s)  and save as a CQI file

Hi Larry,

NO, this is NOT correct! You have ALWAYS to tick ALL the Packs you want to have on the instrument. It doesn't matter whether you use the "normal" Pack Install method (.cpi file) or the "new" Pack Quick Install method (.cqi file).

IF you would tick only the NEW Packs,  the other, not ticked Packs will be DELETED from the instrument when the .cqi file is installed!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Bernie9

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2020, 11:41:16 AM »
I just tried ticking all and saving as .cgi with new USB,formatted in SX900,with the n27 file exported to the drive.  All paks loaded,but would not load into my keyboard,saying it could not access data.  I reformatted and saved as .cpi, same failure.  Now there is nothing in my Expansion.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2020, 01:05:05 PM »
Hi Larry,

NO, this is NOT correct! You have ALWAYS to tick ALL the Packs you want to have on the instrument. It doesn't matter whether you use the "normal" Pack Install method (.cpi file) or the "new" Pack Quick Install method (.cqi file).

IF you would tick only the NEW Packs,  the other, not ticked Packs will be DELETED from the instrument when the .cqi file is installed!

Best regards,
Chris

YEM remembers the most recent install file you created for the selected target. When you tick / untick packs, it tracks what needs to *change* from the previously created file, whether adding or removing. So the cqi only works when the file currently installed on your keyboard is the one you last exported from YEM. It doesn't actually know what's currently on your keyboard.
Genos

Offline EileenL

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2020, 01:11:34 PM »
You must always do a CPI load first. After that leave the boxes ticked that you have loaded. Now tick the new pack you want to load and select CQI and it will just add that one for you.

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively

Offline Bernie9

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2020, 02:59:37 PM »
I saved all in .cqi format,it wouldn't load,saying I have to go to full install.  I left in n27,erased .cgi data and saved all to .cpi. Said it failed,couldn't access data.

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2020, 03:29:01 PM »

Thanks Chris, Eileen, and Derek  for pointing out my mistake. I have corrected my post above (to avoid confusion)
Again ...thanks
Larry
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 03:37:13 PM by LaHawk »
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

DonM

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2020, 03:55:12 PM »
Thanks to Yamaha for making this so easy.  Anyone with a PHD from Harvard could easily figure it out, eventually.  :)

Offline Toril S

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2020, 10:05:25 PM »
😀😀😀😅
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline EileenL

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2020, 10:17:56 PM »
The thing is Don it is not hard to do if you follow the instructions that you can download. Like every thing else Once you have done it a couple of times it is dead easy.

Offline hans1966

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2020, 05:33:00 AM »
Hi Guys, I still haven't been able to understand the new YEM system.

I have several packages in YEM for a long time, which give me the full memory of my SX900. Is it possible to add one or two more packages? and how?

Thanks in advance for the help

Hans
"Enjoying my SX600, and moving step by step through the journey of life"

Offline EileenL

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2020, 11:59:08 AM »
Once you use the full 1 Gb of space you can not add to this. You must select what you know you are going to use and keep it to the space provided.

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2020, 03:03:52 PM »
Hi Guys, I still haven't been able to understand the new YEM system.

I have several packages in YEM for a long time, which give me the full memory of my SX900. Is it possible to add one or two more packages? and how?

No, it's not. Once memory is full, it's full. You can't add any more.

What you can do is decide which are the most important packs that you can fit in available memory, and load those.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: hans1966

Offline hans1966

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2020, 03:34:09 PM »
Thank you very much EileenL, and Fred for correcting my mistake. Regards. Hans