Author Topic: YEM Setup  (Read 1710 times)

Offline Bernie9

YEM Setup
« on: August 04, 2020, 04:33:24 PM »
I have downloaded and unzipped some of the free Expansion sounds and styles.  I have also installed YEM on my computer.  In reading the instructions.I read you first save the instrument info file,and refers savings instructions to owners or reference manuals.  I can't find it .

Is the PSR X900 Setup.PRG the file in question?  If so,I have it and the Expansion files ready to load on my USB flash drive,but need to know how I save the setup.PRG file.  This is the first time with YEM,as you may have guessed.
Thanks
Bernie

Offline Gunnar Jonny

Re: YEM Setup
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 04:48:42 PM »
Hi Bernie.

At Genos, probably similiar at SX, go to menu, then choose expansion and then export instrument info to a USB stick and load it into YEM.
At Genos the file is named Genos_InstrumentInfo.n27, at SX most likely another digit at the end as well as intrumentname.
(If SX is wifi compatible and connected via wifi, YEM can import from the keyboard as well)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 04:52:57 PM by Gunnar Jonny »
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 05:02:54 PM »
Yes as Gunnar has stated

On the SX-900 :

1. Select: Menu (2)
2. Select: Expansion
3. Select: Export Instrument Info
4. Select USB Drive to save as PSR-SX900_instrumentinfo.n27

5. Remove USB Drive from keyboard, insert into computer

On your computer

6. Open Expansion Manager
7. Select Install Target +
8. Navigate to USB and select PSR-SX900_instrumentinfo.n27 (saved from keyboard)
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Offline overover

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 06:31:41 PM »
I have downloaded and unzipped some of the free Expansion sounds and styles.  I have also installed YEM on my computer.  In reading the instructions.I read you first save the instrument info file,and refers savings instructions to owners or reference manuals.  I can't find it .

Is the PSR X900 Setup.PRG the file in question?  If so,I have it and the Expansion files ready to load on my USB flash drive,but need to know how I save the setup.PRG file. ...

Hi Bernie,

no, the .PRG file ("PSR-SX900SETUP.PRG") has nothing to do with the YEM because it is a Firmware Update file.

Have you already updated your SX900 to Firmware version 1.05?

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline Bernie9

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 07:57:52 PM »
Thanks everyone,that clears up the mystery file,(thanks Chris)and the procedure. Here goes--

Offline Bernie9

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2020, 08:57:36 PM »
Sorry-
Yes,Chris, I updated my machine.