Author Topic: Problems when trying to install the 'Greetings from italy V2 for Genos' pack  (Read 2138 times)

Offline reya

Hi all,

A couple of days ago, I was able to to order (for free) and download a couple of packs from Yamaha, including the 'Greetings from italy V2 for Genos' pack

I added them all to Yem 260.
When trying to add the Italy pack to Genos in YEM, Yem crashed. (the other packs went ok)
So I removed the Italy pack from YEM, restarted the pc and added it again to YEM.

Then I was able to add it to Genos in YEM, but not all voices were selected.
When I tried to make an incrementel package in YEM, it failed, giving me an error and asking me to check whether I had authority to the folder and whether there was enough free space. (both were ok)

Then again, I removed the Italy pack but left the other new packs in YEM and tried to crreate an incremental pack again.
This time all went well, and I could install the remaining new packs in Genos.

Today I Installed YEM 270 on my pc and tried again.
Again I could add the Italy pack to Genos in YEM. But this time all voices were selected and I was able to create an incremental pack.

But then when installing the inclremental pack on the Genos instrument, an error was shown that the pack could not be loaded and that Genos needed to be rebooted.

After reboot all my packs are gone from Genos

I will now try to remove the Italy pack again, and do a full install of the older packs on Genos.

Just thought I'd mention this in case anyone has also problems with the Italy Pack

Best Regards
Rudy
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets

The following users thanked this post: vanzee

Offline overover

Hi Rudy,

to be on the safe side, you should download this Pack again: Log into your Yamaha account, go to "My Library" and click on the corresponding download link again.

Maybe something went wrong when the Pack was downloaded for the first time or when it was unzipped.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline EileenL

I have not had a problem with this pack and there are some really nice voices on it including Female soprano. Make sure you download the one for Genos and not for the PSR 970.

Offline reya

Thanks for your replies Chris & Eileen !

It installed!

What I did ...

First I installed all my other (older) packs over WIFI.
Then I downloaded and unzipped the Italy file again. (evertything seemed the same as the first time)

Then I added the Italy pack in YEM, and added it to Genos in YEM.
Here again some strangeness....
Not all voices and styles got selected by adding the pack. I had to click the ones that were not selected to add them.

Then I updated over WIFI again.
It took over 10 minutes, but at the end all was well.

Not sure what made the diference (maybe the fact that I installed over WIFI this time had an effect) ?

But the most important thing is of course that it installed.

Thanks!

Rudy
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets

Offline overover

Hi Rudy,

I am happy to hear that the installation has now worked!

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline zionip

I went to https://shop.usa.yamaha.com/en/downloadables/sound-expansion-library.html but could not find the 'Greetings from Italy V2 for Genos' expansion pack.  The only 'Greetings from Italy V2' expansion pack is for the PSR-S keyboards.

Does anyone have the link to the 'Greetings from italy V2 for Genos' pack?

Paul

Offline zionip

Greetings From Italy Version 2 - Genos
https://shop.usa.yamaha.com/en/downloadable/download/link/id/MC4zNTIyNTQwMCAxNTk1NjY5NzQyOTc4MjExMDg2MjMxMzAwOTY%2C/

When I clicked the link you provided, I got the following error message:
We can't find the link you requested.

Paul

Offline ckobu

As far as I can see, they are changing the links on their page so the link above is not good.
I put Italy V2 on the box, here is the link for Genos.
https://app.box.com/s/1t6sorbc9i9xcl3tf4bfnjruoa1ctrf1
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: DerekA, balcino

Offline zionip

As far as I can see, they are changing the links on their page so the link above is not good.
I put Italy V2 on the box, here is the link for Genos.
https://app.box.com/s/1t6sorbc9i9xcl3tf4bfnjruoa1ctrf1

Thanks a lot.

Paul