Author Topic: Free but not downloadable packages at Yamahamusicsoft.com  (Read 3925 times)

Offline ektor_s900

Free but not downloadable packages at Yamahamusicsoft.com
« on: August 04, 2020, 02:51:53 AM »
Hello everyone, I am writing this topic because I went to the yamaha file download page for us users of the psr keyboards or synthesizers, and it is clearly seen that the page is renewed and updated, so much so that for midis it is not updated, but good I go to the point of my topic, I tried to download some packs but I could not download it and I followed the whole process, the price is at $ 0.00 so if someone happened the same and can help me, I appreciate it. :-[ :-[
Ektor PSR-510-630-740-3k-S900-GW8L-S910-S970

Offline ticktock

Re: Free but not downloadable packages at Yamahamusicsoft.com
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 04:20:08 AM »
Don't need to go to Yamaha website. Check below:

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,55896.msg438878/topicseen.html#msg438878

You will be happy.
Ted

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 03:23:50 PM »
Once you have ordered your packs you then have to go to your account and choose My library and the packs will be in there waiting for you to download. Don't forget to update your YEM

Offline ektor_s900

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 07:57:52 PM »
ok, thank you the truth I have windos 7 and I'm afraid of losing all the programs, when I switch to windows 10, but thanks TIC tac and Eileen
Ektor PSR-510-630-740-3k-S900-GW8L-S910-S970

Live Musician Newbie

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2020, 03:31:41 PM »
ok, thank you the truth I have windos 7 and I'm afraid of losing all the programs, when I switch to windows 10, but thanks TIC tac and Eileen

I understand you. But Sadly, sooner or later you will have to update. Microsoft has already stopped support for windows 7.
Worst case scenario, if your current interface goes kaput you will have to upgrade to a new machine that comes with 10.

Microsoft has been very generous in able to run older programs in their systems ... . See I am using MS Office 2007 in my windows 10 .. If that doesn't work, there is always a Compatibility mode for older versions of windows that you can try.
So here are some suggestions :
1. Keep your Install files of your programs safe (Serials and all)
2. BEST if you can get an updated version of those programs.
Or
3. There is always a Compatibility mode in Windows .. If you are not sure, I suggest you give it a try
 .... If you have a computer lying around ...or if your friend would lend a computer with windows 10, give it a shot.
Usually the setup should ask you if its ok to run on windows 7 compatibility. Or will throw an error .. in which case you can right click the installable file and select "Run as" and select a windows 7 as compatibility option.

In case you do not have a windows 10 I would suggest you download VM Player .. install it and from the VM Player, download a Windows 10 ISO .. you will effectively create a Windows 10 Virtual machine within your system, transfer the files to the VM and try the installation on windows 10.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 04:55:43 PM by Live Musician Newbie »

Offline andyg

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 06:05:04 PM »
TBH, you don't really need to upgrade to Win 10 until your hardware or software forces you to do so. Support has stopped for Win 7 but if you have decent internet security software and a good firewall -and take care with browsing, opening emails etc (you are, I'm sure) - you'll be safe enough. Other Microsoft software that you have installed should still be getting security patches.

I have Win 7 and I also have XP on a dual boot system (XP configured so it doesn't know the router is there) and it's rock solid and stable after 10 years+.

I've been gifted a Win 10 PC and so far it has sat in the upstairs office, unused.

When you do upgrade (and it's still free to do so from Win 7) then it will be like having a fresh install so you'll need to back up all your data, and have original disks/download files for your apps, which you'll need to re-install.
It's not what you play, it's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

www.andrew-gilbert.com