Author Topic: Fantastic News For Genos Users- YAMAHA GENOS Version 24.01KN  (Read 12280 times)

Bachus

Re: Fantastic News For Genos Users- YAMAHA GENOS Version 24.01KN
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2020, 05:11:58 PM »
Kris Nicholson decided not to share his expansion pack unless Yamaha tells him it is OK for him to share:
https://www.facebook.com/kris.nicholson.92

Hi everybody
Sorry to say I decided NOT!!! to release my sound expansion Yamaha Genos 24.01KN
Not only I took the time to do this expansion pack and still correcting lots of the sounds to make them perfect , but also I took the time to read each and every single comments on the web and even my private messaging from sites blasting me for stealing sounds from my own keyboard collection and being a fraud which I知 not.
I am a professional Pianist and synthesist I owned several of my keyboards throughout the years and sampled many of them to combine in one keyboard which I did also with my Roland Fantom X8, Korg Kronos & Korg PA Series now Genos
I am always sampling things almost every day or every chance that I can get I also tell people if you were to walk into my house or enter into my studio you are being recorded because I do sample even Atmospheric, Piano Riffs, Bands, or hook lines even in our conversations Believe me I have plenty wave data
I do have to admit that Some of the sounds BUT NOT ALL !!! were Soundfonts that I took and edit to the max to have the most realistic and I sent to sound true to either the instrument or the mood
What I thought was going to be cool and nice that I can share with people my sounds and samples of most of my keyboard collection but turned out to me to be nothing lots of hateful comments from people and I don稚 want anybody to blame me for copyright law or any beef with keyboard companies wich I知 great friends with Yamaha, Casio, Korg, Roland, Emu, Technics, Steinway, Samick and all the company I know.
So sorry to say there will be no release date for this expansion bundle if unless I have absolute permission from Yamaha saying that I will not be blamed or sued for any copyright laws or wrongdoing for taking samples off of my own keyboard collection that I owned for years
For now I decided I知 just i知 going to keep the samples for myself if I hear from Yamaha seeing yes I can release the free expansion pack or if they would like to collaborate and help me with it then yes I will apply by there rules
Thank you everybody who has supported me with this wild adventure and please understand that once I do projects like these I like to give my talent from the kindness of my heart just to make people happy of whatever I can provide them but if I知 gonna be chastise and put in a spotlight for things that I am not then I take my talent back
I WILL KEEP MY LIBRARY FOR MYSELF!!!!!!
Love you all keep safe
Kris Nicholson 

Well, looks like some people onhere scared him away..
We all know who..
And i fully support and can understand this designe

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2020, 07:28:20 PM »
Hi
Just sample vst's and you do not have to rely on anyone.
I do not blame Kris as there are too many whistleblowers and scaremongering going on :o
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

edemarfilho

« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2020, 04:30:53 AM »
That sad. This fantastic musician will not be able to share all his work and dedication with us. Greetings. Although I cannot play with its magnificent sounds, I will continue to watch your incredible videos. Thank you...

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

tyrosman

« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2020, 11:29:51 AM »
this is sad to Read this forum used to be good and full of information for help with our keyboards now its becoming a bloddy joke Kris was trying to be kind to every one on here by giving us his sounds and he got Slated for it i think this forum should be closed Down un less modurators modurate it. >:( in stead of sitting back and doing nothing >:(

The following users thanked this post: whitey, marcodg, wersianer

Offline billtracy

« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2020, 02:24:56 PM »
I am sorry that Kris went though all this nastiness he received on this forum for trying to be kind and trying to do the right thing by seeking permission from people before he went ahead.
The moderators were totally wrong to allow this attack to go on. Not even sure if we have any active ones any more anyway.
In these days of stress it is about time we became kinder to everyone.

Well said!
Current: Korg PA900/JBL 308P/Focusrite Clarett 2Pre/Band in a Box/Reaper/EZdrummer 3. Previously Owned: Yamaha PSR-740/Yamaha PSR-1100/Yamaha PSR-S750.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2020, 03:04:48 PM »
They made Kris Kros!!
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline panos

« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2020, 08:43:42 PM »
Hi folks,
I have read all the posts above and I didn't see any post that they moderators should take action for.
I did not also see anyone making hateful comments or anything about this nice and skillful pianist on this forum.

Some people just expressed their (strong) opinion that there might be copyright issues with the distribution of sounds and Kris may had troubles in the future.

If this warning made him to change his mind, personally I don't blame anyone.
Maybe is better for people not to have this great library of sounds this way(free of charge or not),
rather than Kris having copyright issues with any of the companies he is referring that he took the samples from and changed them to his liking.

Offline markstyles

« Reply #57 on: August 08, 2020, 05:38:21 PM »
Hi Chris:  I too am sorry you went thru all the madness..  About 30 years ago, I did a disco version of 'Over the Rainbow'.   I took some of talking dialogue at the beginning of the movie. 
Like a good boycott, I MGM, told them of my version, and wanted permission to use about 15 seconds of Dorothy speaking..  They got real huffy and told me in no uncertain terms, they would come after me, sue me, make sure I never made another record.. 

So I got it released on Disconet, in USA, and Loading Bay records in England,  WITHOUT the dialog.   Another disco remix service Hot Trax I believe, decided to use the version with the dialog.. They, nor I ever heard from MGM..    But around that time a record label got sued $100K for using sound EFX and dialogue from Startrek..  The main difference was that label was big, and could afford to pay the infringement fine..

Sorry your good intentions turned into a nightmare.   

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2020, 08:20:41 AM »

HI

Just saw this posting by Kris on youtube with in depth "no go" explanation.   Admire his talent and generosity;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ3m8gGBreY&t=286s\

cheers
elaine
\\\"I have suffered for my music, now it\\\'s your turn\\\"   Neil Innes

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2020, 09:34:45 AM »
HI

How on earth is Yamaha going to know that you copied and rearranged their sounds. or data from styles supposedly midi.
Have they got codes inside them??

A sound is a sound , example and instrument.
If you copy dialogue or passages from songs  , then yes it can be traced.
I think there is a lot of scaremongerers out there and do gooders.
The best way to get ahead is to keep things to yourself  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Sadly for Kris is that we are  not living in Utopia yet.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 09:40:38 AM by ugawoga »

Offline panos

« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2020, 11:03:08 AM »
Because he said so John.
If kris didn't mention the sources of the original waveforms, anyone would have to prove that the original source of them it belongs to him.

Let's say that I buy Alicia Key's piano sounds,I "re-record" them and then distribute the pack for anyone to use it in the internet for free for his DAW.
I will name it "PS" but I will let you know where the sounds came from.

Another example:
Let's say I can manage to re-record the best sounds and styles of PAx4 and make them possible to play on Genos the same way they sound on the PAx4 and give them away for free for Yamaha players.
So Yamaha's players can now have both keyboard's sounds and styles.
Korg's players will continue to have just one keyboard's sounds and styles.
Do you think Korg would care about that?

Members here are just telling that some sounds are not that easy to distribute them on the internet, even for free.
If everything was fine then Kris wouldn't have to ask for the approval of Yamaha now to be sure.
Maybe he have to ask the approval of other companies too(???).
That is what people were trying to say and not to criticize Kris's recordings and were trying not to let others having them.

If you think that they are just "bad" people who are just trying to express their hateful commends and now we don't have those sound libraries because of that,
well reconsider who might be the "bad" guy who doesn't care if Kris will have troubles in the future or not.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2020, 06:53:59 PM »
Hi
I wish Kris all the best for the future as he is a talent and i defend his pulling out
Enough said

Too much red tape!!

All the best
John