Author Topic: How to save registration bank to a file the second time?  (Read 1371 times)

dqninh

How to save registration bank to a file the second time?
« on: August 02, 2020, 08:14:18 PM »
Hi All,

It's me, a new user/player, again with a second question.  I just bought a new sx900.  I followed the instruction and save my registration bank the first time just fine.  I was so exited, until after I try to save my registration bank (with new bank setting) the second time.  It does not allow me to save a new settings to a new file.  It only give me option to save on top (overwrite) my first file (pls see picture).

My guess is that, because I don't know how to reset the bank, so I basically keep editing the bank, therefore, it remembers the bank (under the file name that it loaded) and allow me to modify the file only.

1.  How to I reset the bank to "new file"?
2.  Is there a way to save the same file again using a different name?

Many thanks.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline ckobu

Re: How to save registration bank to a file the second time?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 08:35:09 PM »
01. If you enter a new name on an existing Bank, a new one will be created. If you have not previously changed the Registrations, you will have two Banks with the same content but with a different name.
02. You rename the Bank via the Menu, icon File and Rename.

Watch this video.
https://youtu.be/UYay9UzUnOQ?t=347

Offline overover

Re: How to save registration bank to a file the second time?
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 09:08:41 PM »
Hi dqninh,

just change the filename somewhat (or type in a completely new filename) during the "Save" process. By doing this, your current Registration Memory setting will be saved as a NEW Bank file (with the new file name), while the previously selected Reg Bank will simply be closed (and left on its original state).

So, you never will need an "empty" Reg Bank: Just memorize the desired Panel settings to one or several Reg buttons (1 - 8 ) using the Memory button. Then press "Save" and, as mentioned, type in a new filename to creAte a new Bank with your current settings.

If you do NOT want to create a NEW Bank, but just save the current Bank again, e.g. after changing some settings or adding/deleting Registstions (buttons 1 - 8 ), then do NOT type in a new filename, but simply confirm the message to OVERWRITE the current Bank.

By the way: To completely DELETE some Registrations (so that the Reg button in question no longer lit) use the "Registration Edit" display.

In this way, you can also create an EMPTY Reg Bank, if desired. But my suggestion is NOT to start from an completely empty Bank. Just start from any other of your existing Banks.

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 09:44:23 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)