Author Topic: CAN YOU REMIX MP3 SONG FILE WITH GENOS STYLE  (Read 2268 times)

Osvaldo De Souza

CAN YOU REMIX MP3 SONG FILE WITH GENOS STYLE
« on: August 02, 2020, 04:52:19 PM »
2nd August 2020

I would like to know if it is possible to do a remix of a song in MP3 or Wave format with any of Genos Styles?

I know how to remix a Midi File with the Genos Style.

What are the steps to do MP3 Remix with Genos Style? Any lessons posted on this feature??

Thanks
Oz

Offline Gleston

Re: CAN YOU REMIX MP3 SONG FILE WITH GENOS STYLE
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 07:51:29 PM »
Osvaldo

One way is to record all the parts of the style separately and transform them into wav/mp3 file.

Then you have to use another software that can manipulate audio( the wav/mp3 files you created) in many tracks ( try ADOBE AUDITION) and sync them together.

Then you can save as a single wav/mp3 file with the diferent mix you have in your mind.

Osvaldo De Souza

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 08:33:46 PM »
The only problem I can forsee is the BPM synchronization when remixing MP3 Song file with MP3 Genos Style.

When I remix Midi File with Genos Style, it automatically adjust the bpm (irrespective of what the bpm rate is for different styles).

Oz

Osvaldo De Souza

Re: CAN YOU REMIX MP3 SONG FILE WITH GENOS STYLE USING CHORD TRACKER
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 03:44:48 PM »
7th August 2020

If anyone has detailed instructions on how to use CHORD TRACKER to mix either MP3 song file or a Midi File using Chord Tracker to choose different styles from Genos please post on this forum.

I have downloaded the APP Chord Tracker on my iPhone 6. What are the next steps to link with GENOS to remix MP3s or Midis with Genos Styles!!

I am not sure if this has already been covered in this forum.

Thanks
Oz

Offline DerekA

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 05:04:48 PM »
Are you talking about taking an MP3 and replacing the accompaniment with a Genos style while keeping the vocals? Or just about taking the chords from the MP3 and playing them as a Genos style?

If it's the latter, casper has an exccellent YouTube video on Chord Tracker which covers this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92aYTdA7tp8

Keep in mind that MIDI and Audio are *very* different formats. You can remix as much as you want with MIDI because it's just a set of instructions of which notes to play. Audio files are sound waves. It's possible with software to tease them apart and extract the vocal to some degree, but mileage will vary :)
Genos

Osvaldo De Souza

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 07:57:55 PM »
Hi Derek,

a) To retrieve chords from Wave or MP3 and then use Genos Styles to arrange sequence.

b) The link is not in ENGLISH. Maybe in ITALIAN!!!!

Thanks
Oz

Offline overover

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 11:49:31 PM »
... b) The link is not in ENGLISH. Maybe in ITALIAN!!!! ...

Hi Oz,

you can activate the English Subtitles when watching Casper's YT videos. :)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)