Author Topic: iOS or Android  (Read 1711 times)

dqninh

iOS or Android
« on: August 02, 2020, 03:19:34 PM »
Hi All,

I am new to the forum.  I am new to Yamaha PSR too.  I recently purchased a new SX900.  Really love it.

I want to connect a tablet to the keyboard.  My question is, does Yamaha keyboard work better with iOS (iPad), or does it work better with Android (Samsung Galaxy, i.e.)

Thanks

Offline EileenL

Re: iOS or Android
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 03:48:09 PM »
A lot of Yamaha apps are on Ipad which is what I use.

Offline Al Ram

Re: iOS or Android
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 05:51:08 PM »
There are lots of apps . . . . some work fine with IOS others with Android.

I suggest to first define what you want to do . . . what would be the main reason to connect the tablet to the keyboard . . . . . once you define your objective .. . . . look for the app that provides the best functionality you are looking for . . . . in a way the app will define the OS.

I have an iPad connected wireless  to the Genos keyboard to display my PDF's. I use the app SongBook+ which allows me to open a PDF and automatically and wireless bring up the keyboard registration . . . . or the other way, once i select a registration from the keyboard it automatically displays the PDF on the iPad/SongBook+.   That is the main reason for me to connect the iPad to the keyboard.

Not sure if this app will work exactly the same way with your keyboard model.  It works with mine.

Thanks

AL
San Diego/Tijuana