Author Topic: Country Musician Pack  (Read 3755 times)

Senn5

Country Musician Pack
« on: July 30, 2020, 02:01:39 AM »
So I have downloaded the Country Musician Pack from Yamaha site. It contains three files and I'm not sure which one I am supposed to use to install on my SX900.
I have been told by other forums members that the pack for the T5 works great on SX900
The files are :
Country Musician_genos.cpf
Country Musician_T5.cpf
Country Musician_T5_76.cpf
Not quite sure which I am supposed to use to install?
Confused a bit on what the difference is with the T5 and the T5_76?
Any help is much appreciated and thanks in advance for your help.

computec1349

Re: Country Musician Pack
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2020, 02:20:35 AM »
This pack isnīt compatible with Yamaha SX.

Regards.

Offline juketsu

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 08:44:41 AM »
Hello Senn5!

I have a same problem with my SX900, but I have only Genosfile from Country Musician Pack. Could you please send that T5 file for me, I can also try to load it...

My e-mail is juketsu38@gmail.com if you want to use e-mail.

Best regards,

Juke

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2020, 12:40:15 PM »
It seems that the new free packs will only load in the instrument they are meant for so if the Country pack is not made for the SX series Tyros 5 will not load into your YEM. It is strange that all packs are now CPF and not PPF which they were for the S series before. These packs will not mix between different keyboards anymore.

The following users thanked this post: juketsu

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2020, 05:15:34 PM »
It seems that the new free packs will only load in the instrument they are meant for so if the Country pack is not made for the SX series Tyros 5 will not load into your YEM. It is strange that all packs are now CPF and not PPF which they were for the S series before. These packs will not mix between different keyboards anymore.

And that's a shame.  Hopefully it will change back to the old system. And Yamaha really needs to clarify what instrument these packs will work on BEFORE downloading.
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Senn5

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2020, 11:53:14 PM »
Thanks for info, much appreciated.
So can I ask if someone might have older file type for Country Musician that would work on the SX900 and would be able to share?

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2020, 08:11:33 AM »
Hello boys
It is strange to find blocked free packages (.cpf). Also because the extraction of the styles only is blocked (at least I was unable to do it).
But I can never thank Yamaha enough for these gifts ...
I am convinced that there is a dedicated Country package for the SX series and that it will also be made available for the SX700 / 900. As EiLeen has always said, it is only a matter of time and patience.

Offline juketsu

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2020, 08:12:17 AM »
Iīm also very interested to have that old file, which work on the SX900 :) :) :)

Juke

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2020, 12:41:11 PM »
The only way to have got this file was to purchase it because as you know packs can not be transferred as they are protected.

Offline juketsu

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2020, 01:38:25 PM »
Hi Eileen!

I can purchase it, if it works on my SX900 but from where? I can find only Genos pack Country Musician...

Juke

Offline EileenL

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2020, 02:03:52 PM »
You can not purchase it anymore. i got mine when it first came out.

Offline juketsu

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2020, 02:25:33 PM »
It`s a pity.... Thanks anyway Eileen!

Juke

Offline Pityus

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2020, 03:29:38 PM »
Hello boys
It is strange to find blocked free packages (.cpf). Also because the extraction of the styles only is blocked (at least I was unable to do it).
But I can never thank Yamaha enough for these gifts ...
I am convinced that there is a dedicated Country package for the SX series and that it will also be made available for the SX700 / 900. As EiLeen has always said, it is only a matter of time and patience.
The WinRar program didn't extract it for me either.
So I tried this and succeeded: 7-Zip 19.00 (x64)
https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

Offline juketsu

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2020, 04:29:39 PM »
Hi Pityus!

Well, now I have Country Musician pack Genos file (.cpf), I have also Tyros 5 file (.cpf)

I have also loaded that 7-zip program 19.00 x64

Please tell me, what I have to do next if want to play something from that pack in my SX900?

Regards,

Juke

Offline Pityus

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2020, 05:58:52 PM »
Hi Pityus!

Well, now I have Country Musician pack Genos file (.cpf), I have also Tyros 5 file (.cpf)

I have also loaded that 7-zip program 19.00 x64

Please tell me, what I have to do next if want to play something from that pack in my SX900?

Regards,

Juke
I haven't tried the downloaded Country Musician pack on the instrument yet.

Lucille Chung

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2020, 10:59:09 PM »
And that's a shame.  Hopefully it will change back to the old system. And Yamaha really needs to clarify what instrument these packs will work on BEFORE downloading.

From what I've heard from another local PSR owner a lot of the old costed packs are now free, but they've put on tighter restrictions on which machines can use them