Author Topic: Genos packs for SX900...  (Read 6493 times)

Offline juketsu

Genos packs for SX900...
« on: July 29, 2020, 02:32:57 PM »
Hello!

I think there are two Genos expansion packs which I want to try, if itīs possible, in my new SX900. Packs are Country Musician and Ballroonm styles. Is it possible to use these in SX900 or is it mission impossible? If it`s possible how I do that...

All the best,

Juke

dflstarry

Re: Genos packs for SX900...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 02:56:32 PM »
Hi: I think it's mission impossible. :(
They won't load into YEM.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 03:56:52 PM »
Gives error 404.

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2020, 04:58:51 PM »
It's that Ghenos pack again.

They keep having to move the eCommerce site that they're selling it from, for some reason :)
Genos

computec1349

Genos packs for SX900...
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2020, 05:15:29 PM »

computec1349

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 05:16:25 PM »
It's that Ghenos pack again.

They keep having to move the eCommerce site that they're selling it from, for some reason :)

It has been our official site for a year, do you want us to give you a test?

Michael

Offline juketsu

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2020, 07:16:16 PM »
Hello again,

Thanks for your answers. Maybe I can`t do anything with those packs at this moment...

Computec1349 - thanks for the interesting link. It can be be too expensive for me at the first time (I don`t know that company at this moment...

Regards,

Juke

Offline Misu

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2020, 07:09:55 AM »
I have also SX900 and I saw that at least for Ballroom styles they give free pack only for Genos, T5 and T5-76.
Now, inside of this pack are only style, you can load on YEM if you have N27 for one of this 3 and export the styles, and finish.
If the pack have also voices inside, no chance with CPF.
Regards!
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10

Offline juketsu

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2020, 08:31:22 AM »
Hi Bill and Misu!

Bill - thanks for the links!

Misu - very interesting answer, I`ll have to test it. But from where  I can get N27 file for Genos or T5 or T5 76, I donīt have those files...

Many thanks for your help,

Juke

Offline EileenL

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2020, 12:59:32 PM »
I don't think having the N27 files will help with this new system the free packs are using. It seems that if they are not done for a specific keyboard you can not use them.

Offline juketsu

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2020, 04:37:52 PM »
Hi Eileen!

Now I have N27 file for Genos, but maybe you`re right. Thanks for your comment!

Cheers,

Juke

Offline LaHawk

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2020, 05:12:20 PM »
I don't think having the N27 files will help with this new system the free packs are using. It seems that if they are not done for a specific keyboard you can not use them.

Thus far you are correct Eileen, As an example, some of the packs , will only work in a T-5, T-5 76, or a Genos, and will not be accepted in YEM with an SX-900 as the target keyboard.   MusicSoft really needs to display the target instrument BEFORE downloading. They still have a way to go, hopefully for the better
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 06:00:12 PM by LaHawk »
Larry   PSR-SX900
 My You Tube Recordings

Offline wmidsgw

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2020, 05:16:14 PM »
Hi

I managed to load 4 Genos Packs, which I originally had on my Genos, into my sx900.
'Best of Europe, Celtic, Country Musician and Church & Xmas'. All function fine.
Strangely, Female Voices and PanFlutes would not work.

Offline juketsu

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2020, 08:08:41 PM »
Hello wmidsgw!

Very interesting info, how you did it? What kind of form is your Country Musician pack when you loaded it to your SX900?

Or actually what I have to do, I have both N27 files in my YEM and if I choose Genos to target I can open that Musician pack and I can see all files in this pack. But i can`t load Genos pack file To Sx 900, unsupported form...  i think that I need install file in CPI form, Genoes file is CQI...

This s not so easy, maybe it`s better to start to plau acoustic guitar :)

Regards,

Juke

Offline wmidsgw

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2020, 10:32:47 PM »
Hi Juke

Remember, I already had these packs purchased and loaded in the YEM with my Genos before I bought the sx900.

I simply added the sx900 to my 'Instrument Target List' after retrieving the Info File n27 and the packs were then saved as a cpi installation file. All the 4 main packs loaded without problem onto the sx900, although two smaller packs failed to load.

Gordon

The following users thanked this post: juketsu

Offline EileenL

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2020, 10:43:36 PM »
As the SX900 dose not have super articulation 2 voices certain packs will not load in as you have found.

Offline overover

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2020, 11:31:30 PM »
Hello wmidsgw!

Very interesting info, how you did it? What kind of form is your Country Musician pack when you loaded it to your SX900?

Or actually what I have to do, I have both N27 files in my YEM and if I choose Genos to target I can open that Musician pack and I can see all files in this pack. But i can`t load Genos pack file To Sx 900, unsupported form...  i think that I need install file in CPI form, Genoes file is CQI...

This s not so easy, maybe it`s better to start to plau acoustic guitar :) ...

Hi Juke,

the whole thing is a little confusing since there are at least two different types of .cpf files:

1) Originally, Tyros (and Genos) Premium Packs came in the "ID-encrypted" .cpf format. Such a Pack will only work on one single instrument (namely the one for whose Instrument Info file (.n27) the Pack has been encoded by Yamaha). (Earlier PSR-S Packs always came in the unprotected .ppf format.)

2) Starting with the Genos Superior Pack and the "pre-installed" Packs of the PSR-SX series, a different .cpf format was introduced: These Packs are NOT "ID-encrypted" but "model-based encrypted". Such a Pack can be installed any Genos, any SX900, any SX700 and so on, but there are separate .cpf files for the individual models.

Now, since all the Yamaha Packs are FREE, their .cpf format type has changed, and most Packs are also in "model-based encrypted" .cpf format now. Such a "new" Genos Pack (downloaded for free) will NOT work on any other model (e.g. SX900).

Obviously, certain EARLIER versions of Tyros5 or Genos .cpf Packs CAN be installed on other (newer) models. There may still be a THIRD .cpf format type ("ID-encrypted for the original instrument, but can also be installed on another (newer) instrument"). This is probably the reason why Gordon was able to install some of his earlier Genos Packs on his SX900.

Basically, I recommend always installing the latest firmware version on the instrument and always updating the YEM to the latest version.

Note: After installing new firmware on the keyboard, please export the Instrument Info file again and import it again into the YEM. (Delete the old Install Target beforehand.)

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 11:43:49 PM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: Dave Shively, juketsu

Online Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2020, 07:53:39 AM »
Imagine, if Yamaha placed the free stuff into the download area for each model, same site as we can find the other free stuff such as manuals, updates and addons. Then they could keep the new shop for payware and such.
That would be much more easy for the users, or...... 🤔
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline juketsu

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2020, 08:05:18 AM »
Hello Gordon, Eileen and Chris!Ļ

Thank you for your kind answers, this is not so simple case for me but I think that I understand it now a little better...

Chris - did I understand correctly? I got my new SX900 player about a month ago, I downloaded the latest software version for it at the time, I guess it was 1.04 and I downloaded the N27 file to a USB stick. I have since updated version of the software, now it is 1.05, but I have not downloaded the file again to N27. Should I now delete that old N27 file and download a new one?

thanks to all of you,

Juke

Offline overover

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2020, 10:02:01 AM »
... Chris - did I understand correctly? I got my new SX900 player about a month ago, I downloaded the latest software version for it at the time, I guess it was 1.04 and I downloaded the N27 file to a USB stick. I have since updated version of the software, now it is 1.05, but I have not downloaded the file again to N27. Should I now delete that old N27 file and download a new one? ...

Hi Juke,

in this case it is not mandatory. But I still recommend (as I said) to re-export the Instrument Info file (.n27) after each Firmware Update (to a USB stick), delete the old "Install Target" in the YEM and then import the new .n27 file.

In addition, after a Firmware Update, you should always check whether there is a new YEM version and if so, install it. The Packs already imported into the YEM are of course always retained. This also applies if the old version of the YEM is UNINSTALLED beforehand (which is strongly recommended on Windows).

Best regards,
Chris

➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline wmidsgw

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2020, 10:38:37 AM »
As the SX900 dose not have super articulation 2 voices certain packs will not load in as you have found.
[/quote

Good call Eileen......never thought of that.

Offline Telmo

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2020, 11:08:04 AM »
I installed the Country Musician Pack on my SX-900 and about 18 voices worked fine. The other remaining voices didn't affect much. So, I was able to use all the styles playing correctly on my SX-900.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Yamaha PSR-SX-900, JBL EON ONE Linear-Array PA System.
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Telmo3190
"We are Old Too quick... and Wise too late."

The following users thanked this post: juketsu, Aquilauno

Offline EileenL

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2020, 12:25:04 PM »
If you already had these packs installed in your YEM before the free ones were available then they will work OK in SX900 but any Super Articulated 2 voices will not load.

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2020, 09:13:55 PM »
I have also SX900 and I saw that at least for Ballroom styles they give free pack only for Genos, T5 and T5-76.
Now, inside of this pack are only style, you can load on YEM if you have N27 for one of this 3 and export the styles, and finish.
If the pack have also voices inside, no chance with CPF.
Regards!

Hi Misu
but if the packages are locked (padlock) YEM and YEM CE don't allow it to extract styles ...
Is there another way to do it?
Pietro

Offline Misu

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2020, 02:24:19 PM »
Yes,

I realized,

Ultimate solution is a friend with Genos to install the pack and save the styles.
If I succeed first I will put here for everyone, are only 10-12 styles, 5 min of work.

Regards
Mihai
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 02:32:32 PM by Misu »
PSR SX-900; PA 1000; AKX 10

The following users thanked this post: juketsu, Aquilauno

Offline Aquilauno

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2020, 10:52:33 AM »
Hi everbody
I looked at the picture posted by Telmo. where the Country Premium Pack for T5 is highlighted and also other premium voice packages I always assume version for T5.
The padlock shows that these are .cpf files.
I tried but I was unable to install them on the SX900 even if the Telmo post shows that this was possible. Where am I wrong? :-\
Pietro

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 10:55:55 AM by Aquilauno »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2020, 12:43:25 PM »
If you had purchased these packs in the past as I also did then they will load into the SX900. If you are now downloading the free packs they will only work in the keyboard they are intended for. Yamaha seem to have changed format for these now that they are free.

The following users thanked this post: Aquilauno

Offline Joe H

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2020, 04:03:32 PM »
If you had purchased these packs in the past as I also did then they will load into the SX900. If you are now downloading the free packs they will only work in the keyboard they are intended for. Yamaha seem to have changed format for these now that they are free.

So now we know what Yamaha up to.  Everyone asked why Yamaha would give away the packs for free.  It's conditional.  Yamaha still don't want us to share packs between keyboard models. If we want a pack for our keyboard model we can get it for free.  I suppose someone who has experience with a HEX Editor will find a way to defeat this limitation.

;)

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Senn5

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2020, 04:33:52 PM »
Telmo was kind enough to send me his original download of the Country Musician that he has working on his sx900
When I try to open it it asks for password.  Again Telmo very kindly sent me the password for the file. (Thanks Telmo for your kind responses, much appreciated.)
BUT when you enter the password it just keeps requesting to enter the password over and over and over.
So it seems Yamaha has a lock of somekind specific to the original downloader?