Author Topic: Part Select section  (Read 1785 times)

trecker1247

Part Select section
« on: July 27, 2020, 02:42:37 PM »
Query relating to the Part Select section on the T5.

When i select Part 3 it knocks out parts 1 & 2 so can only play 2 selections at the same time instead of 3

Is there a setting somewhere that i am missing to make all three parts work at the same time.
Mine is a second hand unit so wondering if a setting had been locked in somewhere before i purchased it

All comments gratefully received
Thanks

Offline overover

Re: Part Select section
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 04:25:37 PM »
... When i select Part 3 it knocks out parts 1 & 2 so can only play 2 selections at the same time instead of 3

Is there a setting somewhere that i am missing to make all three parts work at the same time.
Mine is a second hand unit so wondering if a setting had been locked in somewhere before i purchased it. ...

Hi Trecker,

this is a Split Point "problem":

Press [Direct Access] > [Sync Start] (in the Style Control section) to call up the Split Point display. Make sure that the RIGHT 3 Split Point is set one semitone higher than the LEFT Split Point here. (Usually the STYLE and LEFT Splitpoints are set to "F#2". To can play all three RIGHT Parts at the same time, the RIGHT 3 Split Point must be set to "G2" then.)

Press [Exit] button. This will automatically save your settings to the "System Setup". But be aware: The Split Point settings can be changed again when using Registrations. (When creating a Registration, the currently set Split Points are also saved (STYLE and LEFT Split Points with the STYLE groop, RIGHT 3 Split Point with the VOICE group).

Additionally I recommend to check the "Parameter Lock" settings: Press "[Function] > Config 1" and go to "3 Parameter Lock".

If "Split Points" is checked here, the Split Point settings can only be changed as described before, but can NOT automatically be changed by Registrations or MIDI files. So, if you want to work with different Split Point settings (and change it by Registrations), do NOT check the "Split Point" box here.

Same for the "Fingering" settings: If you want to use different settings, do NOT check the "Fingering" box in Parameter Lock.

By the way: I recommend to always leave the "Master EQ" box checked in Parameter Lock. Otherwise your Master EQ settings could be accidentally changed by MIDI files.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Chris
« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 09:12:05 AM by overover »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

The following users thanked this post: wersianer

Offline johan

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 08:47:15 AM »
If you mean the right3 "voice" overwhelms the other voices, it could also be that the tough response of the Right3 voice is set to off. You can check and change this via MENU -> keyboard/joystick -> keyboard (at least this is how to do it for an SX700). All voices should have a check mark here.

Regards,

Johan
SX700 and S670
Former keyboard: E433, E463

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 12:43:05 PM »
This is always caused by the split point being moved. Just put it back where you want it.It will then work as you want it to.