Author Topic: Rikki's Style Collection for SX900  (Read 2863 times)

TechiGeoff

Rikki's Style Collection for SX900
« on: July 25, 2020, 03:39:22 PM »
Hello again
I have been using Rikki's styleas for the sx900 and find them really good.
I am having a problem with the Ballroom Theatre Ballad style. It doesn't play on the sx900 like the other Theatre styles eg Foxtrot etc. It is a free play but sounds awful on the sx900. Looking at the style file it is listed as an .fps file.is anybody else having the same problem please. Not sure whether it is the type of file that is wrong or the conversion from the Tyros 5.
Cheers everyone, Happy playing.
Geoff
PS tried the style re voicing and style assembly but can't get anywhere with it.
Could do with a video tutor on Style assembly seems a bit complicated.

Offline Ingar

Re: Rikki's Style Collection for SX900
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 07:14:16 PM »
Yes, same here.
Ingar

blackpool

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2020, 07:32:31 PM »
Maybe If you transpose the lower up around 5 to 6 tones ( 10 to 12 semi tones ) and drop the upper an octave ...it does sound a bit better.(i often do this with my conversions.) I have never bothered trying to find a way to raise the lower an octave but there might be? Octave only seems to work on upper.

and then save your adjustments to a reg. although its a 'Heath Robinson' way of doing it ...it does work ok ..lol

Free styles are tricky 'at best' i would tend to just use some of the many others Rikki kindly posted for free and take out some of the style tracks. These often time make decent DIY freestyles, in some cases.

I have loads of organ conversions and they are not all 100% - it is difficult.

Keith

TechiGeoff

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 09:47:29 AM »
Thank you very much for the info.
I have been trying with Jorgen's style rrevoicer but the Prog Numbers etc seem to be out for the SX900.
Will try your sugestions.
Cheers
Geoff

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2020, 03:22:04 PM »
Try the style from Tyros 5. It certainly sounds fine in Genos.

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2020, 12:17:14 AM »
Hi,
unfortunately I think it is a Tyros 5 style, I left it in the database of styles, because it was the only version of that particular style amongst the collection I had.

So guessing it might be unique to the T5?

A lot of the other styles ,  I had more than one version to choose from ( ie be it from a psr 950 or a T3 etc) so I added the version I thought sounded best on the sx. to the database.

I didn’t want to leave the 1 of’s out, just in case someone really wanted one, and was able to fix it.

I use a very limited number of styles, and really only fix  the odd one, if I need it.

I’m guessing voice used in that particular style hasn’t got an equivalent in the sx900, whereas it might have in the Genos,  because Eileen mentioned it sounds ok in Genos?

Sorry, not much help, I haven’t tried using revoicing  programs.
Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2020, 12:47:17 AM »
Hi ,
Just had a quick look at it,

I brought up the Channels, on/off section to see the different style tracks.

Default on chord one, variation 1 , isn’t even an organ, it’s bringing up a bank/program change that doesn’t exist in the sx900. so playing some weird sound.

What I normally do if sounds are wrong,  just play each of the style parts ie variations, intro’s etc  and go thru the sounds and pick which sounds best. and just take a note of it. I mute the other tracks, and bring them in as needed.

Then I go to the style editor and change them.

There’s probably easier ways using software, but since I don’t have to do it often, it works ok for me.

Best wishes
Rikki
Korg PA5X 88 note
SX 900
Band in a Box 2022

Offline pika-san

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2022, 04:11:33 PM »
Hello and sorry to bump this up.
You should add this to the collection, this reggae style sounds good.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/aruzrsjzlud10wu/PopReggae.T158.bcs?dl=0
yamaha extentions files styles for keyboards are as follows:
pst (pianist); pcs(piano combo); sst (session); prs (pro); bcs(basic); fps (free play) and scp (dj style).

The following users thanked this post: wersianer