Author Topic: OTS and user voice  (Read 1779 times)

tuyenng

OTS and user voice
« on: July 22, 2020, 07:07:27 PM »
Hi,
Here what happens when I setup the OTS for a style using a special voice from my user folder. Fisrt, the voice name appears correctly in OTS. But after the OTS and the style are saved and then recalled later, le voice in OTS is changed to a preset voice. Looks like it is the equivalent voice, but I am not sure that it sounds exactly the same, since I cannot play the 2 the same time to compare.
The questions are 1. is-there a way to keep the same voice name in OTS. 2. If not, is-it because of the way the special voice is made, and is there a way to modify it.
Thanks

Offline panos

Re: OTS and user voice
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 08:20:30 PM »
Hi tuyenng,
a) Set the OTS 1 voices the way you want them.
b) Press the Memory button,then press OTS 1 button.
c) Now save the style as a NEW style on your USB or user folder.
d) Do the same for OTS 2-3-4 of the style if you wish.

This way you will have the preset style in another place(usb stick or user folder) but with new OTS voices.
Preset OTS Voices of a preset Style cannot be changed directly to the preset styles folder.

https://psrtutorial.com/lessons/start/s55_ots.html

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2020, 10:14:57 PM »
OTS's do not retain the user's special voice names after the style is saved. Names revert to the presets but the edited properties of the voices will be retained and sound as intended. That still happens with Genos too. It's a part of Yamaha tradition over decades and they have not gotten around to changing it although they did address the issue with registrations eventually  :o
So note if you save user voices to registrations the special names "will" be retained.
John
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 10:23:39 PM by jwyvern »

The following users thanked this post: RobertM

tuyenng

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 01:31:58 AM »
Yes John, that is exactly what happened to me. I know that the registration works, but because i use it for a style (dedicated for a song). With OTS I can register 4 voices for 1 song(style). It works but the voice names are often strange to me. Thanks