Author Topic: create and or edit reg file on PC  (Read 2144 times)

tuyenng

create and or edit reg file on PC
« on: July 24, 2020, 02:38:25 AM »
Hi,
Is it possible to extract the registration file from PSR770, do some editing on a PC and reload to the PSR? If yes then how can we do that and what is the software needed on the PC.
Thanks

Offline Fred Smith

Re: create and or edit reg file on PC
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2020, 02:44:24 AM »
Hi,
Is it possible to extract the registration file from PSR770, do some editing on a PC and reload to the PSR? If yes then how can we do that and what is the software needed on the PC.
Thanks

It is. You need Murray Best's Yamaha Registration Manager. Look under utilities in the main PSRTutorial website.

Cheers,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline overover

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2020, 02:46:32 AM »
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

tuyenng

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 02:12:53 PM »
I read the documentation but still do not know how to get the existing register banks from the PRS 770 keyboard. Do I miss something?
Many thanks

Offline overover

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 02:52:10 PM »
I read the documentation but still do not know how to get the existing register banks from the PRS 770 keyboard. Do I miss something?
Many thanks

Hi tuyenng,

if you have stored your Reg banks in the internal User drive of the PSR-S770, use the COPY feature in the Registration display to copy the desired Reg bank files (.rgt) to a USB stick. Then connect the USB stick to the PC.

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

tuyenng

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 03:19:40 PM »
Hi Chris,
Excellent, I did it.
Thanks