Author Topic: in this case, what does"Pre-Installed" mean  (Read 2171 times)

Offline anon125

in this case, what does"Pre-Installed" mean
« on: July 18, 2020, 07:35:53 PM »
https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/psr-sx900/vse.html

some are called Pre-Installed. if they are already in the sx900 why are they here?
why cant i unzip them?
one opened with a warning.

i am new to all this.

thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline EileenL

Re: in this case, what does"Pre-Installed" mean
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 08:29:27 PM »
You can only open these files in YEM. There are four packs installed in your keyboard. If you wanted to install some new packs they would over right these so they have also given them to you in a download which you can install into your YEM so that you can then load all the packs you want in one go.

Offline anon125

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 01:10:33 AM »
Thanks
how do i know what is there before i overwrite them?

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 01:29:40 PM »
Four packs are already loaded into your keyboard. to see them press the Expansion/User button on voices or styles and then open the folders.

Offline anon125

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 06:44:34 PM »
AHA! found them! now i need to know  how to copy them so i can put them back.
thanks Eileen

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 12:44:06 PM »
On the Download page you will find these packs to download and put into your YEM so that you can mix them with other packs you may have.

Offline Ingar

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2020, 01:18:29 PM »
Prs sx 900 is a great keabord, but what I don`t like about Yamaha generally is that you have to have a computer, you have to download apps to a computer, you have to transport things for keyboard to computer, load  it in the app and work with them, you have to transport them back to keyboard. It is to much "have to". All of this should have been possible to do direct on the keyboard. Sorry Yamaha, I think it is not good enough.

Regards Ingar

RagJose

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2020, 02:52:28 PM »
On the Download page you will find these packs to download and put into your YEM so that you can mix them with other packs you may have.

Excuse me, Eileen, which Download page were you referring to?  I can't seem to find my pre-installed Expansion packs anywhere.

Offline overover

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2020, 04:40:04 PM »
Excuse me, Eileen, which Download page were you referring to?  I can't seem to find my pre-installed Expansion packs anywhere.

See the link in the first post. ;)

Best regards,
Chris
➪ Everyone kept saying "That won't work!" - Then someone came along who didn't know that and just did it.
➪ Never put the manual too far away: There's more in it than you think! ;-)

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2020, 11:04:41 PM »
Hi Chris,
  The download is on the first post of this page so I did not think it necessary to post it again. Just download them and import them into the YEM so they are there if you need them.

RagJose

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2020, 01:51:23 AM »
Thanks, Eileen, sorry for the overlook...