Author Topic: More conserative styles for PSR E463  (Read 5862 times)

More conserative styles for PSR E463
« on: July 22, 2020, 10:36:13 PM »
I am a 86 year old and would like some styles suitable to play
waltzes and 1900 to 1940 ballads on the PSR E463
Are there some available?

Ken

tekorei

Re: More conserative styles for PSR E463
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 04:57:57 PM »
I think there are many Classical music, jazz, ragtime, waltz midis available in Other Downloads - Song Book and MIDI for PSR-E463/EW410 from this page:

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/portable_keyboards/psr-e463/downloads.html

Those are midi files, I don't know if you can convert them into styles, but you can load into a USB drive, plug into the PSR and play along them.

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 05:44:52 PM »
The main PSR Tutorial site has a large number of style file collections that are free to download. Many of them will be SFF2 files and will need to be converted to SFF1 files. They'll probably also need to be revoiced for the PSR-E463. But there are sure to be a lot of conservative styles to choose from.

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2020, 01:27:18 AM »
Thank you all for your assistance.
However when I try to download the styles the download is blocked. Does anyone have an explanation.

Ken

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2020, 05:24:30 AM »
Have you asked Joe Waters, the site owner? If there's a problem with the site, he'll want to know about it.

Or are you saying that you're able to download the files, but they're blocked on your computer? Windows usually sets a flag on unknown downloads which blocks them, but if you open the folder they were downloaded to, you can simply right-click on the file, choose Properties, and unblock the downloaded file.

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2020, 06:09:57 AM »
Try downloading the styles using Incognito Mode and let me know if you still have a problem, Ken.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 12:41:22 AM »
I have found that Google Chrome is blocking the downloads when other files are being downloaded with intended file.

Ken

Roy_T

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 05:54:41 PM »
Ken

I just downloaded the "Ballads" section of the PSR-2100 files to an SD memory card on my Windows-7 (32 bit) laptop here, with Chrome, and it worked just fine.  I unzipped the file, and everything is there.  I am wondering if your problem has something to do with your personal security settings in Chrome, or your anti-virus, or your Windows firewall.

Here are several sources you can check about Chrome blocking downloads.  I have used Chrome since its inception, and never had it do this by default:

https://blogs.systweak.com/how-to-stop-chrome-from-blocking-downloads/

https://www.guidingtech.com/unblock-downloads-chrome/

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/how-to-stop-your-google-chrome-browser-from-blocking-downloads-temporarily-or-permanently/ar-BB17HKZL

Your other option is to add additional browsers, such as Firefox,  and if you are running Windows-10, the new Microsoft Edge.  I have run no less than three browsers on every PC and laptop I have had for years, as each has its own strengths and weaknesses. I just use the one that best fits the job at hand.

Roy
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 08:08:30 AM by Roy_T »

mfn

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2021, 05:44:36 PM »
I am a 86 year old and would like some styles suitable to play
waltzes and 1900 to 1940 ballads on the PSR E463
Are there some available?

Ken

Many thanks, Ken, for raising this issue.  At age 80 I am disappointed with what my 363 offers in this area, and I can't see a practical way to look for conservative styles on better keyboards or among the gigantic archives available on the web.  It looks like a needle in a haystack problem.  Perhaps we should sue Yamaha for age discrimination!--Frank